Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just physically installed the siren alarm but haven't yet plugged it in. Another
post shows to pull the maxi fuse, plug in the siren and at the end, put the fuse back. I just don't know which fuse. Thanks.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,318 Posts
Should be right under your front vent cover on the right side of the bike. Just pull the fuse out of the plug...

·
I'm With Stupid
966 Posts
It's the 40A fuse behind the right side cover. Can't miss it.

Oops. Beat me to it. Probably the only question I've known the answer to since I've been here, LOL.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stomper said:
Should be right under your front vent cover on the right side of the bike. Just pull the fuse out of the plug...
Thanks!

·
Lover of Bikes
1,726 Posts
robbwest said:
It's the 40A fuse behind the right side cover. Can't miss it.

Oops. Beat me to it. Probably the only question I've known the answer to since I've been here, LOL.
Here, let me try make you feel better with another question you might be able to answer.... what does topless mean to you?

·
I'm With Stupid
966 Posts
:boobs:
Beeek said:
Here, let me try make you feel better with another question you might be able to answer.... what does topless mean to you?
:boobs: :D

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got it - thanks but now......

I only took two nuts off the back 10mm and I think 13mm to mount the alarm.
Since the rear seat moved, a bolt/screw was on the garage floor and I don't know where it came from! I didn't take anything else apart and sure it goes
some place. The problem is, I don't have good pictures of it. See below.

·
Registered
378 Posts
trbo2nr said:
I only took two nuts off the back 10mm and I think 13mm to mount the alarm.
Since the rear seat moved, a bolt/screw was on the garage floor and I don't know where it came from! I didn't take anything else apart and sure it goes
some place. The problem is, I don't have good pictures of it. See below.

I believe that is a nut to secure the passenger seat. If you look at the bottom of the passenger seat there is a key slot looking cutout at the rear. That slot fits over the head of your missing screw and then is locked by sliding the seat to the rear. I do have some pictures I took when I installed my alarm if the written description does not make sense.

I found the photos of the piece in question.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That would explain.....

why the rear seat always would lift up. Sounds like something was never installed right (dealer) or factory and when I went to add the siren, the bolt just fell out. I always wondered why the rear seat could be lifted, now I know it's not normal. Thanks. I'll look at it in the next day or so (got a 14 hour day tomorrow).

Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts