Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Those are Sampson leaf blowers.They were discontinued,the outlets were angled different and they called them Street Sweepers.
It is very time consuming to tune the ecm to these pipes.They rob horse power by around 10.They are very loud pipes.probably the loudest pipes there are on a Revolution.
Sampson pipes are one of the original aftermarket pipes for the V-Rod,and because of the difficulty to tune the ecm to match them,they are the original pipes that started all the warranty voiding crap at Harley dealers.Quite a few of these pipes caused burnt pistons and valve guide damage because most tuners would give up and the customer would ride the bike in the ill tuned condition causing the damage.

Removing,adding,and changing a few things around and you will have one nice looking A model.:thumb:

·
Been there done that
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
which pipe?

THANKS a lot, for the info. I added some bafflers and totally screwed up the performance. I took the v rod into the HD service dept and a very helpful knowledgeable serviceman removed the cheap restrictive baffles and installed a set of baffles that he had in his tool box, used but less restrictive and better quality.Then my v rod was dyno tuned , long story the v rod runs great no pops or back fire. I was asked by several people what pipes It has, now I know. I just had a frankenstein trike conversion installed and I had to take off the end pieces of the exhaust pipes. I,m thinking about the CFR shorty pipes. thanks for the info.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts