Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the hype regarding Amsoil I've read, which is the best grade to use? 10w30-10w40-20w50???. synthetic?? When I look at their website I also see "FOR MOTORCYCLES". Can somebody tell me exactly which oil works best for my 2005 VRSCA. I'm new to this and I love my VROD.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Don't know what weight is best but I run Amsoil 20w50 in my 08 D. I have actually seen Amsoil lower the operating temperature of a SE Ultra Classic by twenty degrees vs Syn-3.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Im just an amsoil guy. I run it in everything I own, have for a few years. I see lower temps on my race car, less sludge and residue, passes the finger test.

But all you need is proper weight, non energy conserving, non moly additive oil.

Plus Amsoil is one of the only companies to make GL-4 gear oil for older trans, and diffs with copper / brass / other soft metal bushings. (Knuckle, Panhead, Shovel trans)

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
With all the hype regarding Amsoil I've read, which is the best grade to use? 10w30-10w40-20w50???. synthetic?? When I look at their website I also see "FOR MOTORCYCLES". Can somebody tell me exactly which oil works best for my 2005 VRSCA. I'm new to this and I love my VROD.
DBATES, Welcome to the forum!

You will want to run the Amsoil Motorcycle 20w-50 (Product Code: MCV).

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/mcv.aspx?zo=1132530

Ken

·
Registered
246 Posts
a new poster opens a can of worms focusing yet again on the oil thing with the userid of 'dbates'......good stuff.....

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
DBATES, Welcome to the forum!

You will want to run the Amsoil Motorcycle 20w-50 (Product Code: MCV).

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/mcv.aspx?zo=1132530

Ken
I found a good deal on some NOS Quakerstate straight 30.Is this good oil to use? I heard that pao based oil is the best and the epa quit making it because George bush owns oil companys and didn't like the competition.Is this true?

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
I found a good deal on some NOS Quakerstate straight 30.Is this good oil to use? I heard that pao based oil is the best and the epa quit making it because George bush owns oil companys and didn't like the competition.Is this true?
Only if it is in a cardboard style can from the 70's. ;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ken:

Which filter number we will need to use for our V rods. Do you have any filter comparison literature from AMSOIL vs Harley SINC3? Please let us know.

Thanks,

Jolo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts