Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen it asked before but it wasn't really answered.

What brand of brake/clutch fluid are you guys buying. My bike is an 04 so it uses Dot 5. I bought one small bottle from HD for almost $10.00. :eek: Looks like I'm gonna need a couple more. If there is something cheaper that is just as good? I rather purchase that instead. And is it safe to mix it with the HD Dot 5 that I already purchased?

·
Registered
543 Posts
I buy dot5 from my local Napa dealer.A quart runs right at 11 bucks. Been using it ever since 2004 so no probs at all with it.

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts
Don't let the DOT 5 get shaken on the way home. You should let the bottle sit 24hrs after transporting. And use caution when pouring - puor it like a beer to avoid bubbles. DOT 5 is safe for the paint, but extremely difficult to remove air bubbles...

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
myvrodrocks said:
Don't let the DOT 5 get shaken on the way home. You should let the bottle sit 24hrs after transporting. And use caution when pouring - puor it like a beer to avoid bubbles. DOT 5 is safe for the paint, but extremely difficult to remove air bubbles...
Wow, I had no idea you had to be so gentle with it.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
I purchase from the local napa, much cheaper and never had any kind of problem. Dot 5 is susceptible to foaming a little but it settles down pretty quick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts