Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, "It's your bike, whatever makes you happy" but which bags do you like better on my bike? I like the waterproof and lockable part of the hard bags, but I also like the size and style of the semi rigid leather ones. I am going to have to sell one set to get my fairing, and don't know which one to keep...

Attachments

·
Departed the Fix.
5,160 Posts
Imho?

Definitely the hard bags. With the (sort of) futuristic shape of the VRSC (especially the "classic" A's/B's), the leather bags just don't seem to match well.

On a Sporty or Dyna? Sure.

On a V-Rod?

Not so much.

Besides, the lockability and waterproofing is pretty key on the hard bags.

Just my 0.02.

R.

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
I would keep the hard bags like everyone else, and hey those are worth $1200- $1500 ! Or split the difference - sell both sets, get you another 180 bracket and mount up a set of Viking Large ( Not the Extra Large ) Hard Laminar lockable shock cutout bags, moving them fwd. to hug around the shocks, and still have $ 800 left over for your fairing -

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If someone offered 1200 for those bags they would be off the bike in a second!! I do think the hard bags are growing on me, I see them on way through the garage everyday, so they are looking better. I still need to order the gas shocks and see about getting them keyed. Any clue what the leather bags are worth, I guess I need to go on and list them. Complete mounts as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey nice bike, If your serious about carrying anything more than your lunch. Look into the bags that corbin offers. They are pricey but they are also roomy and fit the bike like a glove. I have had 2 sets so far ( one set destroyed in an accident ) They are durable as hell and are lockable, and probably will outlast your bike.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I did that years ago no regrets. If I had to do again Id ask corbin for bags that are mirror image because Im running CFR . Just my preference dont know if even option.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts