Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which Air Ride and Why? let me know what you have or what you want. Im gathering info on them before i fork out the dough.
AirFX
Biker buddies
Arnott
Smooth rides
Legends air

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
tyson876 said:
Which Air Ride and Why? let me know what you have or what you want. Im gathering info on them before i fork out the dough.
AirFX
Biker buddies
Arnott
Smooth rides
Legends air
I have the Platinum system on my 2004 and the FX on my 2005 air ride is the best thing I've put on my bike!
I"m so happy with them I sell them!

www.GRcustoms.com

GR

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Well Powder Coat King, I am putting all my money into Arnotts bank account once they finalize the chrome setup. Belstien air shocks are some of the industies best. www.blisten.com Right now they come high end polished but I want chrome and Arnott is working it. AirFX would be my 2nd choice, while out in KC I looked at everyones who had them.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Well bought the AirFX system from GR Customs while out in KC. I wanted the Arnott, but after Jocko telling me that even the chrome kit will have a polished lower shock and that the hardware won't be chrome I just couldn't see them on my bike. Plus the fact that after actually seeing them in person the diameter of the upper housing is just way to big IMHO. They look out of place on the back of a Vrod. The AirFX on the other hand have a nice streamlined appearence and the fit and finish looks outstanding. I haven't had a chance to install them yet since I've been real busy after the trip back from KC, but I have looked them over really good and I'm very happy with the appearence and for me appearence comes first above anything else.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Vrod-Mike my understanding from some people on here who went and saw Arnott at BB+BBQ in Ark. this past weekend was there was no way those where Arnotts in KC this past rally. Seeing them in person at KC I thought the samething but my sources are tell me they are the real deal when it comes to comfort. I believe that Blistien is the real deal in shocks. But with your bike being all chrome I totally understand. To each his own!

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
saw the airFX on ddavis' SE. They are sweeeeet.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
ohioVROD said:
Vrod-Mike my understanding from some people on here who went and saw Arnott at BB+BBQ in Ark. this past weekend was there was no way those where Arnotts in KC this past rally. Seeing them in person at KC I thought the samething but my sources are tell me they are the real deal when it comes to comfort. I believe that Blistien is the real deal in shocks. But with your bike being all chrome I totally understand. To each his own!

I have no doubt that they are very good shocks, but I just can't get over the look. I talked to Jocko while he was installing a set on a Vrod and they just did not look good at all. IMHO

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Word on the street is Arnott is aware of the overall size and has a smaller air ride setup they are currently working on. I just got confirmation from the gentlemen who was in Ark over this weekend. He said they r working on it as we speak. More to come!

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
ohioVROD said:
Word on the street is Arnott is aware of the overall size and has a smaller air ride setup they are currently working on. I just got confirmation from the gentlemen who was in Ark over this weekend. He said they r working on it as we speak. More to come!
The last I talked to Perry a slimmer shock was on the plans. This is the same set-up that will hopefully be able to be colored as in chrome and black.

On a side note, I have not been able to contact Perry for a few weeks.

·
Registered
964 Posts
i have to chime in for legends. I think they have the best look. I like the combo of black and chrome on them.

I think the ride is fine and it was an easy install.

do make sure if you buy them you tell you dealer the year of your bike....the spacers are very different between 06-07

·
Darren
2,007 Posts
Legends are $400 higher than Arnotts.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
o2man98 said:
The last I talked to Perry a slimmer shock was on the plans. This is the same set-up that will hopefully be able to be colored as in chrome and black.

On a side note, I have not been able to contact Perry for a few weeks.

Well if they ever come out with them I might just sell my AirFX kit for them, but until then the AirFX was the best I've seen.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Vrod-Mike said:
but until then the AirFX was the best I've seen.

:them:

·
I FINALLY GOT BOOST!
3,944 Posts
I have the Biker Buddies because I was able to set up a group buy. Mine can't be seen with the Corbin Beetle bags over them and these don't have any clearence issues with the bags. Plus the lifetime warrenty doesn't hurt :cheers:

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Vrod-Mike said:
Well if they ever come out with them I might just sell my AirFX kit for them, but until then the AirFX was the best I've seen.
i'll take first dibs..LOL

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
I have seriously been debating the legends. I put my progressives on just to hold me over till spring and then do some air ride on my bike. I have always liked the looks and quality of the legends, but havent had any seat time on any air ride bikes to be able to speak about the ride quality.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
ghostrider said:
I have the Platinum system on my 2004 and the FX on my 2005 air ride is the best thing I've put on my bike!
I"m so happy with them I sell them!

www.GRcustoms.com

GR
your air ride link on your page isnt working properly

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
IMO the only air-ride shocks i will consider are the Arnott's because they have actual shock dampening...bouncing up and down and up and down and up without any dampening (like most of the systems) does not seem like a very appealing way to go. I ride behind my buddy on his duece with a non dampened air system and that thing never settles down, just goes up-down-up-down-up-down unless the road is glass smooth.

then again, i don't have an air ride because the Arnott's don't work with my 5 gallon tank :(

1 - 20 of 70 Posts