Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
just a ghost now
2,719 Posts
Yea, I saw that baby, real bad a$$! They cnc their own swingarm.....all it takes is money, lots of it.

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
That is a nice swing arm - but not for that price! I also haven't confirmed but I would imagine it's not chrome either - Rick's wheels aren't chrome. Again, can't imagine paying that much and it not being chrome.
I think Brent has the right idea - paint or powder coat it. Much cheaper and looks great!

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Rick's are the Best Plain and Simple!They had the First 240/250 and Billet Custom Swingarm!$$$$ is High ,but you get what you pay for! :kaz:

Attachments

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
They do have nice stuff, Kaz...but that much for polished aluminum?!?!?
We have all spent good money on replacing the polished aluminum parts on our bike - why would you buy more?!?!?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I agree with Kaz on the Rick's wheel comment. I recently purchased a complete package; wheels, pulley, brake disk and absolutely loved the look. Then I did the unthinkable, I had them sent out to Chrome!

Within the next two weeks, I will post pics of the first set of Ricks Wheels (I think?) and pulley that has been chromed. I'm telling you, they looks Awesome - Cost me some change but this is a sick hobby we are in my friends and I can't think of a better Motorcycle to display these beautiful wheels on other than a V Rod.........................

Coming soon............ Along with other winter mods

Bryant

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
That should be sweet Bryant! I look forward to seeing and hearing how they turned out. Did you get your wheels with the titanium screws? If so, did your chromer mention anything about them adding complexity to the chroming process?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Craig,

I didn't order the titanium screws because I didn't originally think of chroming these wheels. I was having a conversation with my Stealer / shop guy, whom I've become very good friends with and when they first seen my wheels they were in awe, then my buddy said (as we all have said) boy those wheels would look killer in Chrome. Then one thing led to the next and now I have Chrome Ricks wheels. :dance:

I will provide a complete account of what I had done to bike when I post my pics but I will tell you it was a complexed affair and if I knew what it took and the cost (I won't tell), I may have changed my mind. The Chromer did have to take the wheels completely appart (labor - three piece wheels) and monitor the amount of material being added to the wheels to assure they could be reassembled and stay air tight. It was a beast but they hold air, balanced up nicely and I have put over 100 miles on them already. I would post pics sooner but I have some commitments I need to take care of before then.

Talk to you soon Craig and by the way, the bag is holding up nicely - I took it through a rain storm last Sunday.

Bryant

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
Again, excellent idea Bryant. It should look awesome! I look forward to seeing your pics. With everything else you've done (at least that I know about) you'll have one great looking bike!

Glad to hear the bag is working out. I personally can't imagine what I'd do without it - travel lighter I guess!

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Bryant,
It sound like you have the SICKNESS! :eek: The Rick's are so Very Balanced I would really be afraid that they chromers would screw that up,but it sounds like you got a REAL PRO! :thumb: I'd love to see the pics also who knows maybe I'll send my wheels to your chromer if he's really that good!I might just send them to Ozzies to get the Extreme Chrome Treatment to match my new American Customs Extreme Chrome Skins! :diablo:

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Rick's stuff is polished and how much???? Yes it looks great but should be chrome for that price!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Oh you lucky guys! What you think of expensive we in germany think of normal. A couple of weeks ago i bought the HD sport windshield. Price in USA: 240,- $. Price in Germany 440,- €. And 1 € is around 1,20 $....... For us is every part really expensive.
Teppo

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Teppo said:
Oh you lucky guys! What you think of expensive we in germany think of normal. A couple of weeks ago i bought the HD sport windshield. Price in USA: 240,- $. Price in Germany 440,- €. And 1 € is around 1,20 $....... For us is every part really expensive.
Teppo
Dam Teppo I just Realized How Much the Rick's stuff Cost now!I was wondering what"How Much US" that Little sign thingy ment!I just got the new Rick's catalog and Price sheet. Nothing Worth While is Ever Cheap! :banghead: ;)

·
Premium Member
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Welcome, Teppo from beautiful Germany! We've traveled your roads and the Autobahn over the years and will be back very soon. The last time there, we stayed at the Hotel Kronen, GERLINGEN, BADEN-WÜRTTEMBERG DE, it was wonderful. Should you plan a trip to the US and visit California, let us know.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts