Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm brand new to the Harley family. Always rode Jap bikes for the last 31 years. Just bought an 06' Night Rod last week. Where the heck is the battery on this awesome machine?

·
Charlie Davidson
101 Posts
LOL...I was in your shoes at one point....Welcome aboard...Remove airbox its right under the handlebars..The black box. ( This is your new love get to know her) LOL

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
Welcome 2 Biker! hope you can meet up with us area Vrodders, for a ride or two, soon!
Be sure to register in the Connecticut/New England sections.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
not a dumb question at all. I took most of my bike apart and when i saw where the battery was i was like wow thats interesting. On my 11 muscle its in there kinda tilted which seems weird. I know its a sealed battery but even those can leak out. enjoy your machine

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
The Battery ...

... is tucked in behind the steering head, lying down, almost flat, and a real PITA to get to. The whole airbox (not just the cover) has to come out to change it but if you're just attaching some gear you can reach the posts without going thru all that. Instructions on removing it are in the Owners Manual. Pay particular attention to how to deal with the rubber hold-down strap.

Hint: If you have the (optional) whooper/siren addition to the Security System, it has an internal battery and raises holy hell if you disconnect a battery cable. Use jumpers from another battery to the POS cable & GND on the bike to keep your neighboogers from shooting you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts