Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
08 VROD VRSCAW
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where would I go to get a "turnout" installed on my V&H 2into1 Competition Exhaust?

I am having trouble keeping the rear wheel on my VROD Clean as the V&H exhaust is straight back and shooting exhaust on the wheel constantly. (i can clean the wheel and ride it and have to wipe it down again after riding just to keep it somewhat clean)

Its annoying and considering I purchased the bike as is (with it tuned on a dyno with this exhaust installed) i do not want to take off the rear can and change up how the muffler works currently.

I just want to have the muffler cut off before the can, have a turn out installed, and have the can reinstalled so the exhaust is angled a bit away from the bike so as to cut down on the residue forming on the rear wheel.

1) Where would I go to get something like this done in Michigan?
2) If you dont know where in Michigan, what would I even google to try to find a place on my own?

Would "Midas Muffler" or a regular muffler shop be able to do this?

I want a clean weld job so when the exhaust is ceramic coated black (in the next month or so) it will look clean.

Thanks!

·
"Vrod King"
923 Posts
Maybe Scott at Fitzgerald Motorsports can help you with a new end (fitzgeraldmotorsports.com). Vreeland's has a "Reverse Megaphone Race Collector" for those pipes but don't think that with fix your problem with keeping your wheel clean.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You can get a header turnout made in stainless steel. Look it up on ebay. I bought a 3" one for $35-$40.
Find a local welding shop that can do TIG. Have them weld the turnout on the end of your can. Shop the price on the welding. It can vary alot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts