Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I have 2008 VRCSAW. Couple days ago I been catched by rain and all electrics powered by the "ACCY" wire stops working.
Were affected turn signals, stop light and fuel gauge. Some times the turn signals were turns on, but most of time not.
After gettin dry all works without isues.

So question is where VROD vulnerable to rain? Doubt it is fuse block, as ut is under the seats. Main switch? Can it be easely fixed?

·
Premium Member
11,213 Posts
Should not happen. V-Rods should be able to withstand storms. You have a connector somewhere that has lost its weatherproofing.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Today I've step into this issue again some times.
But there was something different.
First: no rain at all, yesterday, today, perfectly dry days.
And second: Fuel gauge behavior, it can stuck at random position, or at the most upper, or at the most lower (and then the "out of fuel" indicator lit).
Every time stops working turn signals, tail light and stop light. And every time issue was self-fixed.

·
Premium Member
11,213 Posts
Fuel gauges on the V-ROds from 2002 to ?) do not work. I hear the most recent ones have finally got the problem fixed.
'
The issue with the signal lights, stop lights and tail light is a different issue. Inspect your wiring for loose or corroded connectors, damaged wires etc.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally traced this up to main switch. Cleaned contacts on the switch (external only, I do not think it can be disassembled easely). There was no issues since that.

·
Premium Member
11,213 Posts
If you are mechanically inclined the switch can be dis-assembled, cleaned and returned to service. It comes apart by removing the C-Clip on the bottom. Just be careful. There are three real small springs in there that can get lost easily. Lose them you buy a new switch.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are mechanically inclined the switch can be dis-assembled, cleaned and returned to service. It comes apart by removing the C-Clip on the bottom. Just be careful. There are three real small springs in there that can get lost easily. Lose them you buy a new switch.
Actually not need yet. But. Just in case :) Is there a instuction or perhaps online service where I can get key number (combination of pins) for ordering new switch?

·
Premium Member
11,213 Posts
Take your VIN number to any Harley dealer and they can get a new switch that matches your key and fork lock. That is if the keys and locks have not been replaced already.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts