Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Honda Convert
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a very good friend who just lost his wife. She loved to ride and had a very long fight with ALS. Funeral was today.

We've been planning to do Sturgis for some time now, but did not want to leave for obvious reasons. Now that his wife has passed, I'd really like to find a good way to take his mind off life and live the dream and ride the ride I know she'd want him to.

What I am looking for is information about Bike Week in Daytona this year. I'm sure we'll still do Sturgis, but I'd like to do something sooner, and this seems like the ideal event.

What I need to know is what places are good to stay at in terms of being near the venue, reasonable in price and comfortable, not sleezy.

There would likely be three of us. My buddy, and his son. I'll be on my VROD, his son has a nice Sporty with the big bore, and my bud has an awesome custom that leaves people ignoring my VROD when they see it.

I welcome suggestions on good places to stay, hopefully on the beach, roomy enough for three people with kitchenette. Resort, condo, hotel, whatever..

Anything else you can add to this about things to do, things to see, etc. would be helpful. I'd like this to be a memorable trip. Thanks.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Go to the web site for bike week and you can find places on there. We have stayed at the el Caribe on the beach pretty nice and has kitchenette.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
We stay at the bahama house in daytona. Great secure parking . But NO trailer parking. We got a room facing the ocean with a kitchen area ( no kitchen table ) for 178.00 .

Wife chimes in and said its a " ocean view efficincey" . it NOT a party hotel . But they do have a free happy hour and breakfest . This will be our 5th year there. So yea, we like it .

·
Honda Convert
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Go to the web site for bike week and you can find places on there. We have stayed at the el Caribe on the beach pretty nice and has kitchenette.
Already did that. Just wanted to see what others suggest. I have no idea what is good bad or otherwise on that site. Last time I was in Daytona I was in college and stayed at a pretty nice place on the beach. Can't remember what it was called, but it was nice.

Thanks for the suggestion.

We stay at the bahama house in daytona. Great secure parking . But NO trailer parking. We got a room facing the ocean with a kitchen area ( no kitchen table ) for 178.00 .
Trailer parking's a must. We're not gonna be riding down.
Wife chimes in and said its a " ocean view efficincey" . it NOT a party hotel . But they do have a free happy hour and breakfest . This will be our 5th year there. So yea, we like it .
Something quiet would be nice. I'm sure there's tons of places and time for partying. Sounds nice. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Hey man last year I stayed at the Plaza Resort & Spa. It has everything, its on the beach and you can walk to main st.
It looks like they went nuts with the rates, I didnt pay that last year.
I booked a week out.

·
jacknife28
19 Posts
Im am going to be a newbie to Daytona this year pulling my bike and my fathers. Looking for a decent place that allows a trailer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts