Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put a front spoked wire wheel on the bike. I can't find a direct replacement. I see 2.5" wheels. Will the stock tire fit on this? They say I have to change the rotor on these wheels. Do I have to change the VRod brakes also. If so whats the best way to go. Thanks

Ralph

·
Hooligan
416 Posts
ralphwiens, unfortunately, there is nothing out there yet. The stock front tire might fit on a 2.5" rim, but I wouldn't do it. You could have a rim custom widened, but I am just wait for a 19x3, someone has to eventually make one!

·
Wet Blanket
3,044 Posts
OKIE said:
If you have an '06 w/Brembo brakes you are out of luck if you want to keep them on. I have been in contact with American Wire for over a month now and they say (and it's posted on the site) you have to substitute the brakes with some late model FLH brakes. '05 and below will work fine.

When the rep first replied to my email he said they would bolt on with the Brembos until I pointed out the disclaimer. He said that they haven't done much business with V-Rods and said he himself learned something new.

I posted earlier regarding my interest in 80-100 spoke wheels. If there is an application that works as a direct swap of the wheels, please keep the forum informed. Thanks.

Edit: I just spoke to Andre at HD Wheels. He said the original brakes can will be used with an adapter. Thankfully, they will be at the Queen Mary Bike Show this weekend. I along with a couple other members are planning to attend the show. I will post whatever information I get.

·
Banned
15,036 Posts
v-mod sells spoked wheels, but I went to their site and only 60 spoke are available now it seems. I run their 80 spoked wheels, direct bolt on with standard non-floating 11.5 inch HD rotors. Rear runs the big twin rotor, same pattern as the rear now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts