Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
07 VRSCDX Vivid
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After running a search throught the forum on CFR - I wasn't able to come up with a consistent message on where to purchase a new CFR exhaust (black)...
Can anyone provide me with a great place to purchase one? I'm looking for quality of service (turn around time/knowledge of product/etc..), not necessarily the lowest price.
Thank you all in advance! :)

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
Hite-
I know that Cary Faas himself, is not making any more CFR Seats or Exhaust systems. He is getting out of the VROD Business.

As far as I know, your only hope would be to come across one on EBAY, or for sale here in the classifieds...

If I run across one, I'll let you know...

·
Registered
141 Posts
try bikersimage, they might have some. i just spoke to cary the other day, my black finish is flaking off. gonna drop it off and he will coat again for free. fyi: the black finish tends to flake, some guys here have the same problem as me.

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
Pdiddy said:
try bikersimage, they might have some. i just spoke to cary the other day, my black finish is flaking off. gonna drop it off and he will coat again for free. fyi: the black finish tends to flake, some guys here have the same problem as me.
:them: They had the best deal when I got mine. I think it was like $475 with shipping.

Why is Cary getting out?

·
Registered
244 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just emailed CFR about 2 weeks ago asking if they are still developing a new quieter pipe and they said yes. Also they told me that they would let me send my heat sheilds to have them coated with the pipe to match them.

Sounds like to me they are still in business. But I probably don't know all the facts.

Chris

·
Lifetime Member
5,212 Posts
If any of you can only find a black one, I have a chrome one on my bike, no scratches and no scrapes that I would be happy to trade for a black one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
In a recent thread posted on 9/9 (http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76488), bkervaski mentioned his new CFR had better color matching due to a change in the temp tolerance. Im wondering if this will help with the flaking as well.
If any of the above is true, the cheaper ones available on ebay and such may be the previous version with the lower temp tolerance and flake issue.
With that said, it may be better to purchase one directly from CFR to get the latest version.

Dunno, Im just rambling here....

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
CUPCAKE said:
Hite-
I know that Cary Faas himself, is not making any more CFR Seats or Exhaust systems. He is getting out of the VROD Business.

As far as I know, your only hope would be to come across one on EBAY, or for sale here in the classifieds...

If I run across one, I'll let you know...

????????, cupcake are you a competitor? - Just talked to Cary Faas on the phone ALIVE and WELL and IN the V-rod BUSINESS. Go to his site and buy direct.

*** new ceramic coating matches DX much better than previous.

·
07 VRSCDX Vivid
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you everyone! I'll contact CFR direct and try to order it today.

·
I'll Take Two Please
396 Posts
I'm not sure what you guys are considering "new", but if it is the coating then I have also had to get my pipe coated again when it started to flake. Now with the new coating, (It does look different than before) it's starting to turn brownish redish brown ish. For now it is only noticable in direct sunlight. I'm not sure how much more this pipe is going to change color. It starts to fade back to black about a quarter of the way back on the cone. I can see why CFR is getting out of the business. If they are.

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
traktime said:
????????, cupcake are you a competitor? - Just talked to Cary Faas on the phone ALIVE and WELL and IN the V-rod BUSINESS. Go to his site and buy direct.

*** new ceramic coating matches DX much better than previous.
Just quoting what I heard...that's all. Can't remember where I heard that from, but it didn't originate from me.

And are you serious with me being a competitor???

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
CUPCAKE said:
Just quoting what I heard...that's all.

And are you serious with me being a competitor???
Yea.. I heard about the new Cupinator Exhaust coming out.. Supposed to be some baddass exhaust that will increase HP like a turbo, but without all lthe work and cost.. Supposed to look cool too! :D

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
VRod RS said:
Yea.. I heard about the new Cupinator Exhaust coming out.. Supposed to be some baddass exhaust that will increase HP like a turbo, but without all lthe work and cost.. Supposed to look cool too! :D

Don't tell myyyy secccreeettsssss.....:D

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
thumbsupracing said:
You can buy the "A" cup or the "B" cup or the really huge megaphone "D" cup exhaust now:hidesbeh:

LOLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts