Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering buying the Corbin dual touring seat, and I'm debating whether it would be better to buy directly from Corbin or to buy one from another source such as V-Mod.com.

I know when you buy from Corbin you give them information like height, weight, inseam, etc. For a standard saddle, do they actually use this information? And would that information be used if I bought the seat from a different company? Any idea if the time to get the seat would be different based on where I purchased it?

In addition, any general ideas about touring seats would be appreciated. I don't mind the looks of the Harley Sundowner, but I've read that it moves you an inch or so forward. I'm 6'1'', and I'm fairly comfortable with the seating position now, but I don't think I would like being moved forward. Does anyone know if the Corbin seat moves you forward?

Thanks for any information! :notworthy

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the information, but now I'm no closer to a decision than I was before :(

I definately need a saddle that can accomadate two people comfortably, but I don't want to be moved forward at all. I've looked at the Mustang web site but I haven't heard of one person that has the Mustang saddle for the V-Rod; therefor I've heard no opinions about them. The pictures don't look very good on their website, but it's hard to tell without seeing it in person.

I certainly don't want to spend the money on a Corbin only to find out it doesn't fit well.

The Sundowner seems reasonably priced, until you add in the cost for the fender baseplate, sissy bar, and backrest. Then it's just as expensive as everything else... Oh well. The salesman I bought my Vrod from actually has a V-Rod with the Sundowner, so maybe I'll head down to the dealer and sit on his bike for awhile.

Thanks again :cheers:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.