Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Ya, I had to look twice the first time I saw this screen. I don't like change,(getting older) but this format is starting to grow on me now.
It's been a while since I have logged on. Life has gotten in the way, I thought I was on the wrong forum at first to see how much it changed.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I am on this new site for the first time. Yeah its getting use to something new, And I guess since they dont make the bike anymore. That's gonna change a lot of things.I did not know they had a face book for vrod. My wife has it and she dont use it. I just never was attracted to it personally.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I am on this new site for the first time. Yeah its getting use to something new, And I guess since they dont make the bike anymore. That's gonna change a lot of things.I did not know they had a face book for vrod. My wife has it and she dont use it. I just never was attracted to it personally.
Yes, there are qujte a few V Rod groups on FB. I hate FB but suffer it long enough to check out the ads etc. As Ron said earlier all the good info is here, there are a lot of badly informed and strange people on the FB groups!

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Yes, there are qujte a few V Rod groups on FB. I hate FB but suffer it long enough to check out the ads etc. As Ron said earlier all the good info is here, there are a lot of badly informed and strange people on the FB groups!
Strange is being polite.
Ron

·
Registered
174 Posts
im still here rusty. I think these bikes lost their novelty since the newer bikes are more efficient, lighter, and faster.

I still love my 07 vrscdx, but i use an s1000rr to commute. I love both, but the RR is a fucking beast. The vrod i will never sell, it just looks so bad ass.

Also, the problem with FB is there are members who do not even own the bikes. Same with car groups. I'm 100% positive the dodge viper groups only 50% of the members are actual owners.

·
Registered
61 Posts
FB is a clock sucker. Only reason I've been on it in the last 8 months is to check if the Panama bike rally was going to happen. Too much useless garbage in general. If I want to piss time away I'll go sit outside or go in the garage.

·
Registered
174 Posts
FB is a clock sucker. Only reason I've been on it in the last 8 months is to check if the Panama bike rally was going to happen. Too much useless garbage in general. If I want to piss time away I'll go sit outside or go in the garage.
Yea i joined just so i dont miss out on car parts for my cars. Still need to join a vrod group.

·
Premium Member
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I would like to join the Facebook V-Rod groups, if for anything but the availability of parts since they are getting scarcer by the day. Haven't had a issue yet but sooner or later We all will have parts availability issues.
'
How does one get to the V-Rod groups. I know nothing about Facebook.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I would like to join the Facebook V-Rod groups, if for anything but the availability of parts since they are getting scarcer by the day. Haven't had a issue yet but sooner or later We all will have parts availability issues.
'
How does one get to the V-Rod groups. I know nothing about Facebook.
I think if you open FB and search for V Rod groups, most should come up. Probably a better way but I also know very little about it. If not search actual names, V rod Owners, V Rod Classifieds, V Rod Owners Club. There are many more, but once you have joined one or two groups, it will suggest other groups on the right side of the page.

·
Shelby Stanga Rocks
8,196 Posts
Honestly the place changes after Max left and then sold it to the current owners. I do remember when it took an hour to scan over the threads, some growing 20 or more a day. Now its kind of like the old swimming hole, you can see the old tree, part of the rope you would swing on, the water is not as deep as it was and now there is all the noise from the shopping mall that is on top of the hill.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Well, I picked up a 2015 last summer and this forum has been an awesome way to gain knowledge as i work through making changes. Members are super helpful. I only wish there was more action on "what did you do to your V-Rod today" :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Any suggestions on which FB group is the most popular? Any other motorcycle related FB groups you guys suggest?

Same thing happened to a sportbike forum ... actually two of them, I used to be on 4-5 years ago.. Just went back on and no activity... Looks like a lot of forums are moving to the FB platform... All in one app, so not so bad.

·
Registered
356 Posts
All the FB stuff seems all the same. Every group just reposts everything. I just joined not long ago and actually can't stand it. Sooooooooooooo much garbage.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
All the FB stuff seems all the same. Every group just reposts everything. I just joined not long ago and actually can't stand it. Sooooooooooooo much garbage.
I hear you. I joined v rod classifieds for parts sources and the v rod owners group. Drives me nuts sometimes. Idiot central on the most part. However, if you can sift through all the BS, some deals can be had as well as some other items not common knowledge here. Those new 5 gal tanks I posted about this morning. Just ordered an Akro from one of the vendors there. Biohazard Cycles had the best price for black. Anything serious, this is my home base for real advice.
Ron

21 - 36 of 36 Posts