Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Used to be when I logon at night and click "New Posts" I would get 1/2 dozen pages of new stuff.
Lately and its getting worse I am lucky to get 6 new posts.
Have we abandoned the V-Rod forum for some other medium or has the gen pop just lost interest in the V-Rod?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Yes, I have noticed the same. Seems to be that a lot of people have started to use all the Facebook V Rod groups instead. Not a fan of Facebook myself, but I suffer it long enough to scroll through some of the group pages.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Agree. Most of the action is on FB V rod groups. I've recently gone there too but if I want no nonsense info, I come here.
Ron

·
Premium Member
11,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never use Facebook. Tried once and saw no value except a place where people post what they had for breakfast or when they took their daily bowel movement.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I finally broke down and signed up to the book of faces just for the V-Rod classifieds, don't like it at all. I think there is some value in it for the right usage but still not for me, at least right now.. This is a great place.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
I'm not a fan of FB either. Too many dipshits and bad advice, however , if you can sift through all the BS, there are some good deals to be had for parts etc from people parting out or removing OEM parts to go with custom body parts. Many 1130 members are also on FB, from what I see.
Ron

·
Registered
75 Posts
I love this forum and not a fan of scrolling through tons of garbage on FB hoping there is a nugget of wisdom :(

·
Registered
105 Posts
I suspect the change over to ... whatever this new forum is won't help. I got my weekly trending email from 1130cc.com and not a single link in that email worked. Then I came to this site and found the forum totally changed...

This is what happens when bikers sell their websites to big companies who only see us as a means to make them money. You'd be amazed how often businesses that buy up independent motorcycle sites get approached to be bought up. Happens to me with YouMotorcycle.com at least 3x a year. You'd also be surprised at how many of the websites you know are no longer owned by the founders and instead by businesses that bought them up.

Sad times...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I finally broke down and signed up to the book of faces just for the V-Rod classifieds, don't like it at all. I think there is some value in it for the right usage but still not for me, at least right now.. This is a great place.
Thanks for the tip didn't even think about face book. More sources more info.

·
Registered
446 Posts
You gotta sift through miles of garbage to get to anything worth while.. Some people love that, me, not so much.

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
You gotta sift through miles of garbage to get to anything worth while.. Some people love that, me, not so much.

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk
V rod classifieds FB group is fairly descent. More options for parts. The rest , like you said a lot of garbage to deal with.
Ron

·
Registered
75 Posts
Which group has parts?

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
this new site has lost the soul of the old site we all knew.
The quoting part is pissing me off. Not sure if this worked on QUOTING your comment. Well, I guess it did. Otherwise, it's a bit different, some good some not as finding new posts without hitting the NEW button is a pain otherwise.
Ron

·
"Vrod King"
847 Posts
I don't do that Flakebook thing also. Still here just trying to figure out this new set up to the forum. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
307 Posts
It's been a while since I have logged on. Life has gotten in the way, I thought I was on the wrong forum at first to see how much it changed.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts