Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't see a spot to put the registration and insurance card on my 2011 VRSCDX...

Am I missing it or something? Or do I need to get creative?

Thanks...Kevin

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
Keep them in your pocket. If the bike comes up missing it would be nice stuff for you to have in your hand instead of the thief's.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Keep them in your pocket. If the bike comes up missing it would be nice stuff for you to have in your hand instead of the thief's.
I live is small town Iowa, so I never even worry about that...LOL

I just don't want to remember to take the stuff with me every time I go for a ride...

·
boo
5,211 Posts
i have my inspection in a heavy duty ziploc pouch under the seat. insurance and registration i carry in my wallet

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have my inspection in a heavy duty ziploc pouch under the seat. insurance and registration i carry in my wallet
That's what I was thinking, but I wanted to make sure there wasn't a place already for that purpose..

·
Registered
394 Posts
HD makes a plastic pouch with velcro that can be attached to the underside of the seat.
It works.

·
Firefighter
191 Posts
go to a UPS store or maybe even a Post Office and get one of the packing slip bags. they are thin plastic that are sticky on one side, you can put it under the airbox cover, or under the seat.

me personally, though, i just put everything in my wallet.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I put my registration and insurance in a plastic bag in the frame bag, and an extra insurance card in my wallet.

·
Dean
775 Posts
Registration and Insurance card stay in my coat pocket.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I put my registration and insurance in a plastic bag in the frame bag, and an extra insurance card in my wallet.

·
Registered
943 Posts
:stooge:If you have a sissy bar little HD leather pouch make 2 small cuts fasten to it thats what I did !!:stooge:Cheap way out or under seat in plastic zip lock bag as said!:broke:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
go to a UPS store or maybe even a Post Office and get one of the packing slip bags. they are thin plastic that are sticky on one side, you can put it under the airbox cover, or under the seat.

me personally, though, i just put everything in my wallet.
I have those UPS Export Document envelopes at work...Those will work perfect stuck under the seat with the ziploc to open it whenever I need to...Great idea!!!

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
I keep them in my desk.There are thousands of dollars in electronic equipment in a cop car,let um use it.
Trouble is in NJ they fine you $250 if you don't have your "papers" with you. Can you spell Gestapo!

On a lighter note, my bud keeps his in a baggie in his helmet.

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
I keep them in my desk.There are thousands of dollars in electronic equipment in a cop car,let um use it.
Here we get a ticket for failure to produce registration and Insurance card when asked.

·
Fade to Black
2,526 Posts
I live in Iowa, I don't carry them with me. Never have. Even when I got pulled over in Niles I just said its back at the hotel, along with my helmet haha

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
toolbag on one, saddlebag on the other.

·
Shelby Stanga Rocks
8,199 Posts
Trouble is in NJ they fine you $250 if you don't have your "papers" with you. Can you spell Gestapo!
It can be $750 if the cop is in a bad mood. 250 each for reg, ins, license. Wifes freind got the big three and it cost her over a grand with court costs. NJ has some of the worse laws and drivers. Glad Im gone. No she was not a problem to soceity.

Dont forget the 2 points for not having 3 square inches of refective tape on your helmet.

I keep all my stuff in my wallet.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts