Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need a shift light on the bike but don't know whats the best brand and the easiest to install.somebody fill me in on this please.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the raptor seems to be sensitive to moisture is there one thats not affected by water.do the plug in and go or is there some wire splicing?

·
Banned
868 Posts
2oo6niterod said:
the raptor seems to be sensitive to moisture is there one thats not affected by water.do the plug in and go or is there some wire splicing?
I have the Raptor on mine. It's been in several rain storms with no issues so far. The window where you adjust the rpms is where the moisture will get in. I have a piece of black electrical tape over the window and the window facing down in the bracket.
You will have to splice into an existing wire or buy the correct electrical wire connector to plug in terminal #3(i think) on your ECM plug.
There are other options.
BlackCat has a real nice one that has a digital readout so you can actually monitor the rpms. You'll have to ask him the name.
Dana

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
danasmith69 said:
I have the Raptor on mine. It's been in several rain storms with no issues so far. The window where you adjust the rpms is where the moisture will get in. I have a piece of black electrical tape over the window and the window facing down in the bracket.
You will have to splice into an existing wire or buy the correct electrical wire connector to plug in terminal #3(i think) on your ECM plug.
There are other options.
BlackCat has a real nice one that has a digital readout so you can actually monitor the rpms. You'll have to ask him the name.
Dana
how much does the raptor cost . and is there a link on the home page

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
is the raptor compatable with the sert thats run on the destroyers

·
Formerly BobK
647 Posts
Pingle sells the small Dyna Tech with the kill switch all in one. Makes for a very neat installation and no moisture problems whatsoever.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for all the replys but i have got a destroyer shift light coming friday that is compatible with the hot rod and we'll be installing it and testing friday or saturday at mooresville dragway. lucky for me i know the owners and can test any time i like with or without personel at the track.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the auto meter is the same just anothe name and price. if you look stewart warner makes the tack and H-D buys them and installs them. as far as having the track for myself i can call and as long as anderson isnt there i can run all i like but i dont have the tree or the timing. or ambulace most the time sombodys there doing some kind of fixin stuff. and they will work on the starting line alittle for me

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
Hey bro, You have me confused. You have started several threads in reference to shiftlights and tachs. You ask for advice, yet already new what you wanted. Whats the purpose of posting the questions?
As for the Destroyer unit it is made for the Destroyer only by Maxima technologies. A division of Stewart Warner.
This is gonna be the same type unit, with over a hundred dollar savings. http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10002_372409_-1

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sorry joe i didnt mean to confuse anyone i think i'd been drinkin them nights, sorry agin hope there no hard feelings i'm looking foward to meeting you guys at the track and drinking and racing but not in that order. we cool

1 - 16 of 16 Posts