Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
HOTSH
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been playing with the program and I can't find where I change it to 28t gear. Please help.

·
Registered
696 Posts
mustrick said:
I've been playing with the program and I can't find where I change it to 28t gear. Please help.
Change your setting to ADVANCED and you will find on one of the pages a check box for the 28t pulley.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
2ToneAnniversary said:
Change your setting to ADVANCED and you will find on one of the pages a check box for the 28t pulley.
Sorry, wrong!

The 28T selection is done as a part of the "program the ECM" function. The system will pop a window asking you, yes or no, whether you have the 28T option installed. That tells the system to reset the speedometer calibration as well as update the map files. There's no way to save that info into the map itself. The Maps are independant of pulley setting.

·
Autobanmod
9,896 Posts
The pop up window is beyond the point of no return (unless you pull the cable connection which could be bad again), you have to stop playing and load a hopefully matching tuning file if you want to change to 28T.
There are still a lot of improvements that could be done to the RT software, like download of active settings etc

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Jan,

Unless you have a custom map that someone has created and you don't have a copy of it then the only map you can't write from the RT is the OEM factory map. If you have a pre-existing flash then those are included in the RT.

I know, there are various versions of these calibration files but the ones included in the RT are the latest for the 2 supported combinations and supersede whatever older flash you may have in the bike. If, like yours, you have an older flash that didn't take into account the relocation of the IAT then you need to do that prior to overwriting the older flash in your ECM.

Just relocate you IAT, load the correct map file for your pipe / location, reset the speedometer for 28T and ride. If you have a custom map then simply reload it and set the speedometer flag. It's really that simple.

·
HOTSH
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I'm just going to load one of the se flashes so I can ride the bike to where it is going to be dyno tuned. I was just trying to get familiar with the program because I have to borrow a lap top to do it. I have a D&D 2 into 1 pipe and they claim great #'s with a se flash(even though I don't believe them), so I figure it should be close enough to ride. Thank you very much. :moped:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts