Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to find the PocketDashboard thread but it seems it was moved? I've found a few links to it using Google but they all take me to an invalid thread. Can anyone help me out? I remember a discussion of alternatives to the $160 OBDII tool... something in the $50 range. I've found a few in that range but I want to be sure to get one that will work with PocketDashboard.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've been trying to find the PocketDashboard thread but it seems it was moved? I've found a few links to it using Google but they all take me to an invalid thread. Can anyone help me out? I remember a discussion of alternatives to the $160 OBDII tool... something in the $50 range. I've found a few in that range but I want to be sure to get one that will work with PocketDashboard.
According to the moderators the original thread had become too commercial in nature. The unfortunate part is that it also had a ton of useful info in it. I won't/can't discuss PDash as a product, but I can answer specific questions about compatibility or how to use a particular feature. If you want to discuss anything else you can contact me via PM or visit the website.

As for other scantools... here's one that is compatible and cheap for the DIYers out there...
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/elm327-bluetooth-obd-ii-wireless-transceiver-dongle-16921

-Bob

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
In other words "Don't compeat with FORUM OWNERS selling in every imaginable way... "

"Don't let the free thinking of a thread happen, it might hurt the PM sales...."

·
Elephant Motors Rock
3,505 Posts
Perhaps each person who's running one of Beastwood's amazing applications should include something in their signature (of a completely non commercial nature, of course) indicating that they are the proud owner of his not-to-be-discussed product.

I will be running one at some point, I just have a lot of other mods going on right now. I'm 100% supporting you though, for your innovation and support of the forum, in spite of the perceived commercial nature.

By the way, in case anyone might be looking this app has ABSOLUTELY NO competitive product being offered by any vendor of this forum - in fact I don't think there is a competitive product anywhere in the marketplace.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Portable Dashboard

I am the Proud Owner of a Portable Dashboard - works great, looks great, a significant improvement over anything that I have seen on any bike, of any kind.
The developer of this software and application knows his stuff!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, I found the cheaper OBD tool... I'm not quite sold on whether or not I'd actually USE the PDash if I put it all together, so I purchased the Ram Mount arm, Thumb-mount, and Aqua-box to see if I can get used to mounting my phone (Droid X) and removing it from the setup consistently. If this goes well, then I'll kick in for the wiring harness and software.

I've been wanting a mount for my phone anyways to use it for it's GPS and bluetooth features, if I can find a bluetooth headset that'll fit inside my helmet... would be awesome to be able to take calls or listen to Rhapsody while on the longer highway trips. If I can get used to that setup, I'll pull the trigger on PDash to get those features as well.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
311 Posts
...and bluetooth features, if I can find a bluetooth headset that'll fit inside my helmet... would be awesome to be able to take calls or listen to Rhapsody while on the longer highway trips...
I bought a Sena SMH10 Bluetooth headset and having tried other brands, this one is superior by far. I can listen to music at speed and make / take phone calls and most folks don't know I'm on the bike. (As long as the shield is closed)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts