Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Fat and Fast
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed 26t pulley and had a quick question. When I had the 28t on the bike the belt sat on the outside of pully (farthest from bike). Now that I have the 26t on there it sits in the middle of the pulley, is it in the proper place? Maybe I am being over cautious.......

·
Registered
569 Posts
If the bike runs like a beast and doesnt sqeak your ok. Here is a question though does anyone know where I can find a moded cover for that pulley? Like a clear or chromed out one?

·
** Place ad here **
1,460 Posts
Installed 26t pulley and had a quick question. When I had the 28t on the bike the belt sat on the outside of pully (farthest from bike). Now that I have the 26t on there it sits in the middle of the pulley, is it in the proper place? Maybe I am being over cautious.......
When you adjusted the belt tension cams on the rear axle, you may have one of the cams slightly mis-aligned and not flush up against the stops. That would cause the belt to move towards the bike on the pulley. Are you using the spacers to get the belt tension right? Check to make sure that the spacers did not fall out.

·
Fat and Fast
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I am using spacers, no squeaks and is running well. I have put 250 miles on it since installing and its in the same spot. I will keep an eye on it.

Dino, doesnt rizomo make an front cover pully for our bike. Its alittle pricey I think in the 600-700 range, but we dont have many options. I think you can get the pully cover in black or orange, the cover that goes on top of that is like a clear plexiglass. Dont know if that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts