Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the bikes are made in Kansas City, but are the engines made there or somewhere else?

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Kc.

·
Premium Member
5,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Wait for it, somebody's gonna claim they are made in a BMW plant by Mercedes employees, paid from Porsche via Willies personal checking account and shipped thru an Australian logistics company . It's all very clandestine.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Stamped on my MOtor behind the Clutch Basket it says :Made in Canada

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
The parts and pieces for the Revo engine and transmission are made in countrys from around the world by several different companys.The engines are assembled in KC Missouri,USA.
If I was ever to be a line worker in that particular plant,I believe I would want to work the engine assembly line,or maybe the picker for the assemblers.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
The parts and pieces for the Revo engine and transmission are made in countrys from around the world by several different companys.The engines are assembled in KC Missouri,USA.
If I was ever to be a line worker in that particular plant,I believe I would want to work the engine assembly line,or maybe the picker for the assemblers.
I'm waiting for Tyson to tell us the real story..

·
Registered
731 Posts
Wait for it, somebody's gonna claim they are made in a BMW plant by Mercedes employees, paid from Porsche via Willies personal checking account and shipped thru an Australian logistics company . It's all very clandestine.

I have it on good authority, that mine and certain select runs were assembled in a former V2 rocket underground assembly facility carved into a mountain deep in Bavaria. These select engines are part of a long term quality control project that Porsche agreed to before HD accepted the Porsche re-design of the engine/transmission. :deal: :stilpoke:

Phatass

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
I pass on the wheel lacer job

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
That could be where the casting are poured or where the cases are machined. doesn't necessarily mean it was assembled in Canada.
Exactly, tear one down, made in Germany, Canada, USA, and as Andy Rooney would say: and more!

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
I have it on good authority, that mine and certain select runs were assembled in a former V2 rocket underground assembly facility carved into a mountain deep in Bavaria. These select engines are part of a long term quality control project that Porsche agreed to before HD accepted the Porsche re-design of the engine/transmission. :deal: :stilpoke:

Phatass
Re-design? LOL!! I knew it was coming, just not sure from who. :D

I believe most of the engine build is automated.

·
Shelby Stanga Rocks
8,199 Posts
I thought like a Twinkie it was just born there.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts