Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 night rod special. I am trying to hook up a trickle charger and for the life of me I can not find the battery poles... I know, I know, stupid question, but can someone quickly point out where I might find them?? Thanks.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
remove the airbox tin, at the steering stem you will see your battery.
Most of us chose to install a battery tender lead (if your dealer did not install prior to you taking delivery), and just use a battery tender

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
There should be a pig tail for your charger by the radiator... Battery itself is under the airbox...
There'll only be a pigtail if the dealer had the presence of mind to install one during the PDI. Not all dealerships do.

If the bike doesn't have a pigtail, I know for certain that purchasing a Battery Tender Jr. will have a pigtail / quick connect included in the package with the tender.

If you already have a tender and plan on just using alligator clips take the airbox cover off and the battery is at the front. The positive terminal should have a pliable red cover on it that you can pull back to allow you to connect your alligator clips to.

Post up if you need any assistance.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have a 2009 night rod special. I am trying to hook up a trickle charger and for the life of me I can not find the battery poles... I know, I know, stupid question, but can someone quickly point out where I might find them?? Thanks.
Ya joking, right?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts