Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....make sure it's far enough forward on the lift so that oil drain plug is far enough over the support that you can get your oil pan underneath the flow as it slows down.....what a mess. Oh well lesson learned. Hopefully no one else is such a bone head...but just in case, heed my message lol

·
Guitar, not Gator
8,049 Posts
I leave it on the kick stand. Seems that gives the oil "no place to hide".

But, I have been-there-done-that with the geezer glide primary. I feel your pain.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Nothing a tub of kitty litter can't clean up. ;)

·
Not in EP anymore
1,693 Posts
PeytonVRSCD said:
....make sure it's far enough forward on the lift so that oil drain plug is far enough over the support that you can get your oil pan underneath the flow as it slows down.....what a mess. Oh well lesson learned. Hopefully no one else is such a bone head...but just in case, heed my message lol
Nope, I'm another bone head that screwed that pooch the first time I changed the oil. Luckily the $ store was open and they had large bags of kitty litter.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Mine are lowered and I still change it while on the stand.I have one of the smaller metal pans that I've bent a V into the edge and it slides under from the right side and catches it all.

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
I call those whoopsie booboo's. :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
:bolt :bolt :bolt :bolt :rofl:
Max said:
I call those whoopsie booboo's. :)
Yeah, and when my tenth beer starts to drip over my belly, I call them whoopsie-booboo-hoochie-coochie-whop-whopps....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts