Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
421 - 440 of 468 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi All,
Just had my VRSCX delivered to central France, from UK, last week. Stock bike with 8,125 miles on her. Great condition with only a few stone chips on the radiator shroud. Have owned and ridden many different bikes over last 25 years or so including a NRS in 2013 during a week long road trip from Vegas. Plans are to go topless, mod the exhausts (have spare set of non SE ones to v-mod too), tuner of some sort (maybe fuel moto micro), remove pcv rubbish, switch to a 260 rear and swop out the 30T pulley to a 26T. Will see how the suspension behaves before doing any fiddling with that. First ride today, after no bike for last 5 months, and so far so good :)

Looks like a twin to mine, you have the same grips and foot pegs, mine was born 48 units before yours Andy.

Mark

·
Warming sceptic
127 Posts
Hi Mark. Had yours long? Any mods to it? It's a great bike though apart from old mileage records I've got no history on mine so no idea, apart from what I can see, as to what's been done. It also has an aftermarket gear shifter linkage - screaming eagle style. Been fighting with the shocks today, that right one is a bugger to shift without the proper tool.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi Mark. Had yours long? Any mods to it? It's a great bike though apart from old mileage records I've got no history on mine so no idea, apart from what I can see, as to what's been done. It also has an aftermarket gear shifter linkage - screaming eagle style. Been fighting with the shocks today, that right one is a bugger to shift without the proper tool.

Hi Andy how's it going over there? I just bought mine this past July and the only mods that I know of is one of the two previous owners cut the baffles on the stock mufflers. I think I need to get a fuel device for it as I think its a little hard on gas or take it to a dealer and get it checked out but other than I love the bike, have a good one.

Mark

·
Warming sceptic
127 Posts
Hi Mark. Had 3 rides on it and enjoying it so far. Got that shock sorted. As an international bike its got a cat in the 3rd volume (I'll probably leave that in) and a 30T pulley so need to change. If drop to 26T I'll need a shorter belt. Gonna go topless and take the plug out of the centre of each muffler (got a spare set to do the v-mod thing and see what the sound is like). Like with you it will need richening up a bit. Maybe a Harley stage 1 flash at the dealers would do? Let me know what you do re fueling. Cheers mate.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm not sure how much they cut the baffles but I like the sound but I certainly would not like it any louder. I think I'm going to have to do a little suspension work I weigh 290 lbs. and find the suspension lacking front and back.

Mark

·
Warming sceptic
127 Posts
If it's got the standard screaming eagle stamped mufflers then maybe its just the central inch diameter plug that was drilled out? From what I've read on here any more butchering takes out all the sound deadening material as there is no large central baffle in our pipes unlike the original vrod ones. That's why I got a cheap original set to rip that baffle out to compare. Pointless me going any further with the exhaust as I'll have a cat in the 3rd volume anyway, unlike yours, as mine is an international bike.
So far, at about 220lb, I've found the suspension ok (I've changed the rear to 3, up from standard setting of 2) and maybe its a little harsh for the roads I'm on out here. Need more miles - but unlikely over the winter out here.
Seems there's enough mods available to suit our needs and tastes. Just a a bit dearer over the pond here, which is a shame!
Good luck with your suspension fiddling. Progressives front and rear for you?

·
Registered
98 Posts
If it's got the standard screaming eagle stamped mufflers then maybe its just the central inch diameter plug that was drilled out? From what I've read on here any more butchering takes out all the sound deadening material as there is no large central baffle in our pipes unlike the original vrod ones. That's why I got a cheap original set to rip that baffle out to compare. Pointless me going any further with the exhaust as I'll have a cat in the 3rd volume anyway, unlike yours, as mine is an international bike.
So far, at about 220lb, I've found the suspension ok (I've changed the rear to 3, up from standard setting of 2) and maybe its a little harsh for the roads I'm on out here. Need more miles - but unlikely over the winter out here.
Seems there's enough mods available to suit our needs and tastes. Just a a bit dearer over the pond here, which is a shame!
Good luck with your suspension fiddling. Progressives front and rear for you?

Yeah probably Andy I'll go with the Progressive suspension I don't think I'll go with the remote reservoirs on the back their just a tad expensive.

Mark

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi. New member first post. Recently purchased #1061, has 8,900 miles. Columbia, Missouri. In mint condition. Came with CFR exhaust, sounds so awesome. Had my local HD check it over and dyno it. It has a race tune on it along with the CFR exhaust, best i can tell only mods, put down 115.76hp & 81.29lb.tq.

421 - 440 of 468 Posts