Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been battling my PC3 and issues all week. Can someone confirm
when the green power up lights come on? I have the PC3 USB and wondering if the power lights come on in the ACC setting, Bike On (run) setting or only after starting the bike and the bike is running.

I would check the latter but can't get the bike out of the garage at the moment due to limited space and so far I don't see any power lights lit on the box.

Thanks so much in advance.

Bob

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Lights

Should come on once your fuel pump powers up

Power
The Power Commander must be powered up in order to communicate with the software. Normally
this is done with the unit connected to the bike and the ignition switch in the on position and the kill
switch in the “run” position. The light on the front of the Power Commander must be lit in order to
communicate. Sometimes if the bike is in gear the power is shut off to the Power Commander. Make
sure the bike is in neutral.
Due to the wiring design on certain bikes, the bike must be running in order to communicate with the
Power Commander (PCIII and PCIIIr models only). A list of these bikes follows.
Aprilia Mille
Ducati 748 & 996
Suzuki GSXR600, 750 (2002 model), GSXR1000 & Hayabusa (2002 model)
Triumph Models
Yamaha R1 & Road Star Warrior
If you wish to program the unit without it connected to a bike we do offer a 9-volt “power up” adapter.
This adapter supplies power to the Power Commander so that you can program it on your desk.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Power
The Power Commander must be powered up in order to communicate with the software. Normally
this is done with the unit connected to the bike and the ignition switch in the on position and the kill
switch in the “run” position. The light on the front of the Power Commander must be lit in order to
communicate. Sometimes if the bike is in gear the power is shut off to the Power Commander. Make
Due to the wiring design on certain bikes, the bike must be running in order to communicate with the
Aprilia Mille
Ducati 748 & 996
Triumph Models
If you wish to program the unit without it connected to a bike we do offer a 9-volt “power up” adapter.
This adapter supplies power to the Power Commander so that you can program it on your desk.
Thanks. I hope to be able to fire up the bike on Saturday.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Power
Aprilia Mille
Ducati 748 & 996
Triumph Models

Thanks and that is right. I ended up removing the PC3 as mine is faulty. I ended up with over 3 years using it so I suppose I can't complain considering the warranty is for 12 months.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts