Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Crash Bandacoot
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The B runs fine,now that the dealer took care of "parts" that fell off and were missing after the repair.

Yesterday Brother Dave and a friend went out for a ride,me at the front of the line. Riding down a nice tree lined country road,a woman jogging towards us with her Irish setter by her side..

I hear craaacckkkk...craaaacckkk,and I'm looking up,but the sun is too bright to see,then all of a sudden I'm hit with something,the woman screams out "OH MY GOD THAT COULD HAVE KILLED YOU"!

A four foot long,3 inch diameter BRANCH fell from the tree,strikeing the right-side of the bike and my leg! the damn branch went into the right radiator louver,ripping it right off the bike and bending the chrome ring all to crap. Those painted louvers are $240 and I still dont have the new left side yet, 28 day waiting period to get painted. I wouldda been burning if it took out the brand new radiator,all because of no screens in front of the louvers,thats like buying a car with no grill!

sighhhh:bash::mad:

·
Billy
509 Posts
The B runs fine,now that the dealer took care of "parts" that fell off and were missing after the repair.

Yesterday Brother Dave and a friend went out for a ride,me at the front of the line. Riding down a nice tree lined country road,a woman jogging towards us with her Irish setter by her side..

I hear craaacckkkk...craaaacckkk,and I'm looking up,but the sun is too bright to see,then all of a sudden I'm hit with something,the woman screams out "OH MY GOD THAT COULD HAVE KILLED YOU"!

A four foot long,3 inch diameter BRANCH fell from the tree,strikeing the right-side of the bike and my leg! the damn branch went into the right radiator louver,ripping it right off the bike and bending the chrome ring all to crap. Those painted louvers are $240 and I still dont have the new left side yet, 28 day waiting period to get painted. I wouldda been burning if it took out the brand new radiator,all because of no screens in front of the louvers,thats like buying a car with no grill!

sighhhh:bash::mad:
If you must have bad luck, then bad luck that you get to tell about is the kind to have. Much better than did you hear about the guy the limb fell on. Im sure there will be better days ahead.

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
From the 2nd sentence, I thought sure we were headed for a bike/Irish Setter crash! Glad that wasn't the case and that the damage wasn't any worse.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Hey if you wanted to get the side covers powder coated I know a great guy here in pa or pm tyson. Either of them should be able to get it out in 2-3 days...

-Keith

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
that's the type of bad luck most of us wouldn't mind having. As far as the 28 day wait for paint, don't have the dealer paint them, find an independent painter.

·
Crash Bandacoot
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well the lizzard is paying,and the leftside louver is useable,and I muscled the rightside back into position,just the right chrome ring is mangled to where it doesnt fit well at the bottom,still useable tho. I think I wont be too sad when winter comes,I'll have work to keep busy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts