Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Fries with that?
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, John! We looked at the PM wheels the last time we were in Daytona. While I thought the "Monaco"'s were sweeet... the problem is, they seemed to be just about as heavy as the stockers.

Last year, we talked about modding a set of sportbike rims but there are too many "projects" laying around the house already.

Has anybody else had a similar idea?

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
You can also check out Weld Wheels. Seems they are finally making a 19x3 for the front. You're right, the PM's aren't much lighter than the stockers and I doubt any of the forged alluminum rims will be.

Check out the thread in the Products section on Dymag. They are looking to do both the Carbon and the Magnesium with various finishes (a chrome version as well) . Their price is not outrageous according the the post and it's probably going to be the only offering that will have any significant weight reduction.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
To early to comment but I think there will be a New Player in the V-rod market with a few different wheels including a 3pc Hi Performance wheels set!:diablo:

·
backcracker
735 Posts
KAZ!!!
You can't dangle that and not give any feedback!
What about all us guys looking to buy stuff this winter!!
I don't wanna kick myself come spring because something better came out! :banghead
Sorry about going off topic.:D

·
Registered
582 Posts
Kim,

Check out the new wheel pics in the dymag thread in the products forum...

Chrome look wheels are also available and they save something like 25 pounds over stock wheels.

They are Carbon and they seem better than magnesium or aluminium in just about every respect.

Kaz, you need to share this new source with us!

Rodman

·
Registered
85 Posts
I was at my dealer today and they had an all black '04 demo with a wire wheel on the front. Have to go back tomorrow to get details on it and give it a ride...

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
phxms said:
I was at my dealer today and they had an all black '04 demo with a wire wheel on the front. Have to go back tomorrow to get details on it and give it a ride...
How did it look?
:yak: ?
or:thumb ?
I saw a set on Ebay awhile ago.Thought it was a scam.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Dr.heathonscum can get ya some!:cool:

·
Registered
984 Posts

·
Riding the good life
4,908 Posts
Redbud,

Thanks for that wheel link. Looks like these are something I'd be interested in. Manufacturers who are producing rims for sale at 1300.00 to 1800.00 bucks might finally have tyhier tails between there legs. Nothing like competition to tell the real story, specially the difference between forged and billet produced rims.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sorry these took so long...the bike was getting a cosmetic upgrade on Saturday. They put on a custom paint set. I didn't get any details on the wheel, the guy who set up the bike was off that day. I hope to talk to him this week.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts