Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using reg mothers polish up untill now and have been looking for the billet but was unable to find it untill today. Wow I know you guys have said that it works much better but now I can see myself in them. Anyway the polish cost about $13 and you can see the pics below. The first is just after I cleaned the wheels with HD wheel cleaner and the second is with the billet polish.

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
DITTO on the new Mothers Polish......found it at PEP boys!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Does the Mothers polish demage or effect the wheel/aluminium coating?

I understand that the wheel is coated with some matrial that the polish may remove?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Israeli V-Rod the wheels are bare aluminum and have no coating at all on them. That is why they are so bad about spotting.

Max

·
Registered
61 Posts
The HD dealer in Israel told me to use only HD cleaner. Any other cleaner may demage the wheel aluminum coating...
Do you know the dif between Mothers Mag&Aluminum polish and the billet one?

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
and you should only use HD motor oil..and only use HD parts, no aftermarket items please.......and only use HD spark plugs.........and HD seats.......and HD windshields..........
sounds like a good salesman to me :rolleyes:

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
Israeli V-Rod
i personally have no idea..i have used the mag/alum cleaner, but everyone says they are getting better results with the billet polish.
dlevi03
thats not amour all on those tires is it?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Billet is more$$$$$$$ and works better on Alum. I have used both and billet is much much better. The reg is only about $4.00US and billet id about $13.00. BTW HD also says that wheel pitting is not covered under warranty even if you use their cleaner. The mothership loves to push only the products they sell. exp. synthetic oil was bad until the came out with their own version.:whack:

·
Registered
284 Posts
NEVER put Armourall on tyres.
(You'll only do it once!)
Seats are bad enough.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Has anyone tried the Master Formula Sealer Gloss polish to seal their stock wheels? 9As discussed, there is no coating on the stoc V Rod wheel.)
I had it recomended to me on another HD list and the person who recomended it, said the it makes fluids (in this case dog wee!) leave the treated surface like "Liquid Murcury".
It's $20 US to ship two bottles to Oz, and a purchase price of $12.50 US each, so I just wanted some info before purchasing. I did just pay around $40 AU for a tub of Mothers Billet polish, so this price isn't that bad in comparison.
Web Link: http://www.metalgloss.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=browse&id=4666&pageid=23
Thanks for any info, and best wishes.

Ken.

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Israeli V-Rod said:
Yes you are right.
Do you know the dif between Mothers Mag & Aluminum polish and Mothers Billet polish?

Much finer granules. 10X the product as standard Mother's. All polishing compounds have abrasive properties. Mother's Billet has much finer ones. Kind of like comparing rubbing compound to polishing compound.

John

1 - 19 of 19 Posts