Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
My first post coming up, been a forum member for almost a year now. Reading posts every day, learning alot about the rod and refreshing my english. This is a fantastic forum. I ride a 02 VRSCA anodized with solid wheels and 23 000 km on it. Thats about 14500 miles. I`m considering changing the wheels before the next riding season. Quite tired of fighting side wind. Besides of that I love my bike. Anyone with a tip where to look for wheels ?
When I find out how to, I will put some pics in my gallery.

Bjorn
VRSCA

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Bjorn said:
Hi all.
My first post coming up, been a forum member for almost a year now. Reading posts every day, learning alot about the rod and refreshing my english. This is a fantastic forum. I ride a 02 VRSCA anodized with solid wheels and 23 000 km on it. Thats about 14500 miles. I`m considering changing the wheels before the next riding season. Quite tired of fighting side wind. Besides of that I love my bike. Anyone with a tip where to look for wheels ?
When I find out how to, I will put some pics in my gallery.

Bjorn
VRSCA
Hogpro out in Cailfornia is the bomb, Jerry is a member here do a search and PM him, or go to www.hogpro.com . Also welcome aboard and be ready for some life altering changes to your bike. :D

·
Revolution02
3,978 Posts
Check out how I have done my 02. Solid rear chrome, front HD reactor. Looks great together.

·
Premium Member
4,153 Posts
Buy HD wheels, IMHO, they are certified by DOT here in the USA. Not all aftermarket wheels are tested for strength.

·
Registered
327 Posts
5 spoke 08 stock wheels

The 08 night rod wheels retail for less than 300 and look great. I will post pics once mine are installed.

UPDATE: They arrived and here's a pic of them. Will have front wheel installed tomorrow.

If you purchase from Chicago Harley, they are 20% retail for a whopping $220. And they are lightweight:

Front bare wheel = 12 lbs 11 oz
rear bare wheel = 16 lbs 5 oz

I ordered the bearings but hope that my stock ones can be recycled as I only have 1K miles on my bike.

See this thread for pics: http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75826&page=5

·
White is Faster :D
1,704 Posts
yes the 08 wheels are the best bang for the $$...I would have ordered some if I had not just bought a different set.

Still cant believe the price...keep in mind you have to by a bearing set for both wheels...I think they are like $65 per set. So for $325 ish you can have the lightest stock wheels that also look awesome.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,403 Posts
Welcome, and look around... there are plenty of options .. HogPro is a good place to go :notworth:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just received my wheels from Rick's, easy & no problems and were delivered within two weeks to the west coast from Germany.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
its a shame the 08 night rod wheels arent available in an 8.5" wheel!!!

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
VenomousSVT said:
its a shame the 08 night rod wheels arent available in an 8.5" wheel!!!

You got the money I am sure Kosman could figure out a way to widen them. HAHA A 08 wheel at 8.5 wide would be tities!

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
ohioVROD said:
You got the money I am sure Kosman could figure out a way to widen them. HAHA A 08 wheel at 8.5 wide would be tities!
i have a better idea than that..and dont forget you heard it here first.... what about a rocker wheel?

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
VenomousSVT said:
i have a better idea than that..and dont forget you heard it here first.... what about a rocker wheel?

HELL Yeah I like where your head is at brother!?!

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Welcome!

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
cmptrgk said:
yes the 08 wheels are the best bang for the $$...I would have ordered some if I had not just bought a different set.

Still cant believe the price...keep in mind you have to by a bearing set for both wheels...I think they are like $65 per set. So for $325 ish you can have the lightest stock wheels that also look awesome.

Are the bearings for these wheels different since they have ABS capabilities? I just got a set of Reactors and the bearings were 17.88 a piece.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Welcome Try Performance Machine In Cali I Have The Gatlin Wheel On My 03 Check My Gallery I Think You Will Like What You See

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
ohioVROD said:
HELL Yeah I like where your head is at brother!?!
i wasnt gonna post that for fear someone would steal my idea before I got a chance to do it.. i am gonna try and get my hand son some asap to see if they will work.. if so you can guess what wheels I will be running:notworth:

·
White is Faster :D
1,704 Posts
I had not looked at the rocker wheels...nice wheel (need em in black lol). 18" rear and 19" front...cant imagine the difference will be any more than mounting a 240 now...spacers and maybe a new belt, maybe a pully.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts