Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is a good place to get some Muscle wheels? Just bought a 2008 DX from a member on here and I am looking for some wheels.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
I would try chicago harley, zanatti's, or I have heard lakeshore Harley gives a 20% discount.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just went through this and members helped me. Chicago wasn't the best when you price everything out. Zanodtis or however you spell it is, they beat chicago on everything except the price of the bolts by five cents. I went to my local harley store gave them all my o line prices and said match or beat and ill buy it here, so they did and my wheels will be here next week

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just went through this and members helped me. Chicago wasn't the best when you price everything out. Zanodtis or however you spell it is, they beat chicago on everything except the price of the bolts by five cents. I went to my local harley store gave them all my o line prices and said match or beat and ill buy it here, so they did and my wheels will be here next week
How much did you pay total and what style did you get?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Im not home near my reciept but it was under three for the front and under six for the rear, total I. Spent like 1500 but I also ordered a different headlamp setup and turn signal relocation kit, I got 09 muscle wheels if there is a difference

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im not home near my reciept but it was under three for the front and under six for the rear, total I. Spent like 1500 but I also ordered a different headlamp setup and turn signal relocation kit, I got 09 muscle wheels if there is a difference
Very Nice. by style i meant what is the finish pattern on the wheel.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The black satin and brushed aluminum I hope, I didn't know they came in anyother finish, ill be pissed if they show up in chrome

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The black satin and brushed aluminum I hope, I didn't know they came in anyother finish, ill be pissed if they show up in chrome
LOL i dont know if they show up in any other pattern. I was just wondering. sounds like those wheels would match perfectly.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
awesome found it. that just did it for me. thanks a lot for your help. i cannot wait to ride this bike. i just get to look at it everyday in the garage. damn snow.

·
Registered
82 Posts
you are telling me we are in the middle of a nother snow storm, well when u oorder them me and the parts manager went through comparing, all bearings r the same between 08 dx and muscle, same bolts and spring washers for rots and pulley, good luck

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you are telling me we are in the middle of a nother snow storm, well when u oorder them me and the parts manager went through comparing, all bearings r the same between 08 dx and muscle, same bolts and spring washers for rots and pulley, good luck
so are you saying is all you need to buy is the wheels and not the other suff?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well your not supposed to reuse the hardware per harley and I wouldn't reuse bearings, most likely you will do damage to them during removal even if u can't see it. When I leave the my car dealership in twenty I will look at my reciept at thehouse and let you know all the part numbers

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
I suggest waiting for the wheels to arrive, bearing may already be installed!

·
Registered
82 Posts
front wheel-41670-09
rear wheel-41744-09
bearing times 4 for non abs-9276
shoulder bolts times 10-37612m
shoulder spring washers times 10-6966m
pulley bolts times 5- 43567-92
valve stem-43157-83a

this is what i got for the wheels, when looking in the book it says wheels come with no bearings thats why i ordered them, if they come with bearings ill be pissed

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Thinking about it, if Non-abs or Abs for the samewheel design including bearing would be a problem as the abs bearing has the abs trigger on it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
front wheel-41670-09
rear wheel-41744-09
bearing times 4 for non abs-9276
shoulder bolts times 10-37612m
shoulder spring washers times 10-6966m
pulley bolts times 5- 43567-92
valve stem-43157-83a

this is what i got for the wheels, when looking in the book it says wheels come with no bearings thats why i ordered them, if they come with bearings ill be pissed
what was the total?

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Valve stems are in the wheel mounting kit. Make sure you get the proper spacer! Measure the ones in your stock wheels. Post pictures as you go! Joe

1 - 20 of 29 Posts