Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im the new guy and I have limited Mod experience so feel free to detail all information like i'm a 7 year old. Yes I admit it..I just didn't grow-up around Bikes! I plan to not "abuse" my children like i was. Soo....My "baby" is a 2005 VRSCA who someone kept locked away and as unridden as hillary clinton:D My question is I just bought a 250 UHS swingarm kit for her and the paper works says it will take a 8.5" OR 9" wheel- does that seem correct? Also is it possible to get a Mets 260 wheel into this swingarm? Any suggestions on making this as painless a mod for me as possible. I don't mind sweating and doin' the work but I hate being dumb when I know you guys know soo much more :hidesbeh: [/COLOR]

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
It depends on who you go the swing arm from and the tire you are trying to squeeze on the rim. For example, I am running a 260 on a reactor (HD) wheel. You cannot fit a 260 on an 8.5" rim with the stock swing arm. Also I would try to find out how much it has been widened. You don't need to widen your swing arm to run a 240 on an 8.5" rim, you can use the stock one with some minor modifications.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts