Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
04 Custom VRSB
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new poster & long time creeper of the forums, I have a question, and yes I've done extensive search but can't get a definite answer so trying my luck here. I have a custom 04 VRSCB and i'm looking at installing some rims off an 06 D(not interested in a 240 conversion). I know the bearings are a match so the rear should bolt up no issues that i can see, however I've read mixed reports regarding using my existing stock B rotors and calipers with the front wheel swap? Appreciate any help or direction given.

Thanks

Wade

· Registered
2,409 Posts
Hello, new poster & long time creeper of the forums, I have a question, and yes I've done extensive search but can't get a definite answer so trying my luck here. I have a custom 04 VRSCB and i'm looking at installing some rims off an 06 D(not interested in a 240 conversion). I know the bearings are a match so the rear should bolt up no issues that i can see, however I've read mixed reports regarding using my existing stock B rotors and calipers with the front wheel swap? Appreciate any help or direction given.

Thanks

Wade
Your 04 B model has 292mm front rotors whereas the 06D will have 300mm rotors. If you use the 06D rotors you must use the calipers that go with them. You can just keep your original calipers and swap your rotors onto the 06D wheel.

· Registered
04 Custom VRSB
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome creeper.......... You searched everywhere else and this was your last resort? There's plenty of peeps here that have done swaps and have the answers.
Thanks Frogman, Well by searching I meant most of my answers involved Buell or 240 kits but as you said, this was the knowledge tank to tap for sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts