Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ghost Rider
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Any feedback on down/up sides to using a 19 x 2.15 front wheel instead of a 19 x 3? The custom wheels I like don't come in 19 x 3.

Juan

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Hi Juan,
Huge down side. You will have to run a really narrow tire with a 2.15" rim. Not a good idea. Your other option would be to go with an 18 X 3 (or 3.5) rim and a new 120 or 130 tire. You would also want to modify the brackets on the front fender though as there would be a large gap between the tire and the fender.

John

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
I have ridden two V-Rods with the 240 and I didn't like the feel at all. To me, it felt slow (on turn in) and heavy. The bike really wanted to go straight. Now I know Kaz swears by his (I would probably too if I spent that kind of money). :rolleyes:

John

·
Ghost Rider
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, I wonder if its a matter of getting used to it ar are you actually giving up some handling capabilities.

·
Registered
223 Posts
You will be giving up a lot as far as handling is concerned. With the 180 you still can't run her to the edge. The bike just can't lean over that much, before scraping like @@#%$. Also remember that when it wears done a bit you will now have a flatter and wider contact point which will make cornering a B^%$.
Derek

1 - 6 of 6 Posts