Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
White is Faster :D
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im replacing the 04 stock rims with takeoffs from a 06 d (10spoke).

Well after breaking a couple torx trying to remove my old rotor. Had to get torch this morning to loosen them up (first timers beware of this)

Seems the spacers are not right on the rear...I followed the How To by tmvick and it says that the thick spacer goes on the pully side.

Well once I have done this my wheel seems offset to the right and there is not enough room for the caliper on the right side.:banghead: right now with the belt on and the axle thru the large spacer and thru the whell my rotor is actually against the caliper mount.

I understood this to be a direct swap...am I incorrect?

Any one have a copy of the 06 rear wheel parts diagram? and the 04?

advice....plz

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
use the original spacers. It should work. There are 3 spacers. The LONG one goes between the pulley and the wheel. The medium one on the drive side between the swingarm and the pulley. The short one between the caliper and the wheel.

·
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya nm im an idiot just figured out the long spacer goes between pully and bowl...

ima dumnass....

·
Registered
922 Posts
cmptrgk said:
ya nm im an idiot just figured out the long spacer goes between pully and bowl...

ima dumnass....

Nah! Your not! Its better to ask than to put it on wrong. Just a tip I learned from "Brothawolf" when we did his 240 kit and front end rebuild was to use his digital camera for everything that was to be taken apart. When you go to reassemble, the pics from different angles helps to wake up the brain cells. :)

·
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol usually im good for remembering the reverse build but I got hung up on the frozen rotor bolts and had to sleep on it till i could replace my torx and get a torch...5hrs sleep=brain dump. Took a long time todo the swap but next time it will be so easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts