Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about swapping out the stock front wheel (laced spokes) on my '09 AW with something like what is on the F (black 5 spoke aluminum). I've got ABS on the bike.

Will I need to buy an install kit or should this wheel go on with just balancing?

Anyone here have one they want to sell?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. When I go to MoCo accessories page for my bike it doesn't list the wheel I'm looking for (p/n 43634-08). When I look up 43634-08 it shows it only fits '02-'07. I thought these were the same size wheels. Guess I'm SOL...

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
NO the install kit will not work on changing stock wheels.....

read the parts book... have tried this and it will not work.

install kit is for the reactor and 08 d's tha hd milled out for the older style bikes.

look at gregs bike chromed 08d's best looking wheels.

best bang for the buck is the 08d and do what you want with them.

F wheels are a nother bang for your buck if 240 is desired

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
if you're installing an F wheel onto an '09 A or DX, it should be a direct swap. Same axel size, same set up for ABS (regardless of if one has ABS or not)

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
if you're installing an F wheel onto an '09 A or DX, it should be a direct swap. Same axel size, same set up for ABS (regardless of if one has ABS or not)
Thats what I was thinking but I've been wrong before.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Thats what I was thinking but I've been wrong before.
me TOO! but the axel sizes and everything else involving the front wheel is identical per the service manuals

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
just informing about the install kit.

not 1 inch to 1 inch or 25 mmm to 25mm swap

·
Premium Member
10,800 Posts
Nope. You need new rotors, too. Front rotors. The stuff out back swaps right over, perfectly. Out front, the F wheel is NOT a simple swap. But, buy rotors, and it goes right together. It is a direct swap for a NRS. Spokes are lighter, but, the F wheel, chrome plated, is awesome! Another option is to swap the front rim for a chrome one. Takes a bit of time to remove and replace all the spokes, but it is stunning when done. Go for it! Joe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts