Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I remove a wheel bearing from a front wheel?

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did get new ones for the new wheels, but I need the sleeve out of the front wheel.

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, it has an axle sleeve between the bearings just like in the rear wheel. I guess I can just order a new one, just trying to cut a corner or two.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
cool. I could not remember, sorry I don't have a good answer for your question. My front actually already came with the bearings in it, I assume the sleeve too. I did have to put my back one together.

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually it had a 26 on it when I got it and I put the 28 and a new belt on it :)
But you're right, now that its back to stock, I took it out of the sig. LOL

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Oh. So you modded it back to stock. I sure wish someone would answer your question. I am very curious.

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Me too, cause with the bearing against the seat and a sleeve against both bearings, I dont see how you get something in there to press it out.

·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
You can pick up a brass drift set from Sears. Use the drift and a mallet.

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Spaz. I see how that works. Split collet, drive the wedge into it spreading the collet, pushing bearing out. Simple design, complex enough that I didnt think of something like that. LOL

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think Ill just buy the new sleeve, its only about 6 bucks or so. Thanks for all the replies. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts