Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Inked up Irishman
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well for those of you at the rally saw and heard about my trials and tribulations with my rear wheel bearing. After the 1500 mile trip home I took it apart last night and the bearing felt as if it was new. Even after one day we did 650 miles. So the longer wheel spacer seems to be the ticket so far I will keep you guys informed so if that verdict changes you guys will know..

·
Jay Johnston
1,732 Posts
Great news Justin! That Tyson was spot on, so where is the squeaking coning from? Brakes?

·
Inked up Irishman
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shadow11 said:
Great news Justin! That Tyson was spot on, so where is the squeaking coning from? Brakes?
The squeking was mostly bearing but has some belt in there too I think the belt squeeks on the chrome entering and exiting the grooves in the pulley...

·
Jay Johnston
1,732 Posts
Well at least you got the worst problem fixed, the squeaking is just an annoyance.

·
Inked up Irishman
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tyson was talking about belt dressing I may give that a whirl and see what I come up with...

·
Another Ski season
2,631 Posts
glad to hear things are looking up, pleasure meeting you at the rally. Maybe in spring we can meet in the middle and see some new country.

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
3OliveMartini said:
off topic.. i just realized your screen name was a palindrome
His screen name is BOB??:laugh:

·
Inked up Irishman
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Man I was wondering when someone would realize that!!!!

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
FWIW - I had bad squeaking from the rear end this spring after putting the wheel back on. Turned out to be the sprocket against the cush drive. Somewhere in the manual it calls for using Windex or something like that to help engage the sprocket on the cush - I took it apart an used a spray designed for conditioning the rubber gaskets of my dry suit. Stopped the squeaking.

·
Inked up Irishman
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Interesting.... what is that product called Alex?

·
Ray Connor
1,785 Posts
Good to hear it is fixed Justin.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
KWIKR said:
Interesting.... what is that product called Alex?
Don't have it handy... something something 303? I'll dig around for it at home. But honestly, I wouldn't spend the money for just the cush - I happened to have it handy for my Kayaking stuff. I would look for anything that will make the rubber slippery without damaging it - Armor-All comes to mind. Or even glycerine - when I was a little kid flying rubber-band and balsa wood airplanes, rubbing glycerine on the rubber bands was a trick too keep them from drying out and cracking. Just don't use any oil-based products.

Like you, I had a horrible squeaking noise from the bike - worse under load. You could hear it over the exhaust - frustrating and embarrassing. I finally tried pushing the bike back and forth while off and in gear - identified the source as the rear sprocket rubbing on the cush rubber. Lubed up the cush - problem solved.

·
Inked up Irishman
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the tip alex I'll give it a try.. tyson has the same squeek maybe we can get his fixed too

·
Inked up Irishman
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok now that I reeducated myself on what a palindrome is I don't concur with that..... OH!!!! raerbear not me got it:notworth:

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
KWIKR said:
Ok now that I reeducated myself on what a palindrome is I don't concur with that..... OH!!!! raerbear not me got it:notworth:
LOL...I had to look it up too, Justin!

·
Jay Johnston
1,732 Posts
KWIKR said:
Okay so now that you and NM know what a Palindrome is and now you know your name isn't one, what were you talking about? I mean what did you think it meant? LOL
:stilpoke:
:hidesbeh:

·
Inked up Irishman
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palindrome

I was thinking that it meant something else like my screen name KWIKR most people think it means Quicker however all of us well educated V-Rodders know it means Quick R (as in VRSCR)

·
Jay Johnston
1,732 Posts
KWIKR said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palindrome

I was thinking that it meant something else like my screen name KWIKR most people think it means Quicker however all of us well educated V-Rodders know it means Quick R (as in VRSCR)
LOL Ohhhhhhh yep I guess I could see that.

·
Another Ski season
2,631 Posts
3OliveMartini said:
off topic.. i just realized your screen name was a palindrome
Prize to you Elizabeth!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts