Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Not Dead Yet
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long are our rear and front wheel bearings lasting? Any problems? Advice on when to replace?
Thanks

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
bikerabbi said:
How long are our rear and front wheel bearings lasting? Any problems? Advice on when to replace?
Thanks
How well the bearings are sealed, how well they are setup all play a factor in bearing life. They should actually last the life of the bike if setup correctly and not abused by weather or other elements. My bearings in my weld wheels have over 30k miles on them and not a problem at all.

·
Not Dead Yet
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Max said:
How well the bearings are sealed, how well they are setup all play a factor in bearing life. They should actually last the life of the bike if setup correctly and not abused by weather or other elements. My bearings in my weld wheels have over 30k miles on them and not a problem at all.
The dealer service dept. today said should be good for 100,000 miles. He recalls only one problem with a Harley with these bearings in the last several years.
Thanks.

·
aka shudude
3,174 Posts
They had to replace the rear bearings on my bike at 60k

·
284 Posts
I replaced the bearing in the rear pulley at 8000 miles, I think the belt tension was a little high.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts