Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to install a 58mm throttlebody with destroyer injectors on my 07 DX...

·
Registered
276 Posts
hopefully, not sounding like a wiseass....how come?. whats the end result to be. hows your warranty status.now this is where many many folks may disagree, but this is a very quick scoot. in fact i believe 0-60 is anywhere from 3.8 to about 4.5 or so . to get significantly faster dont you have to go very radical. is a slight difference worth it? gosh im starting to sound like a fuddy duddy. of course i am 63 so what do ya expect? :soapbox:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well ive heard of ppl doing this and gaining a couple horse. and for street riding i think this will be plenty good for me. but i was just trying to get some feedback if any one on here has actually done this.

·
Gone
2,012 Posts
I guess with the right tune there could be an advantage but is it worth the cost? Usually people do the heads and cams at the sametime as the TB and injectors.

·
Registered
276 Posts
gotcha and it might be fun to do. however 10 hp is less than a 10 percent gain. you probably thrash the crap out of any stock harley now. i think ill monitor this to see what feedback you get:)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the cost actually isnt very much. I work in the service dept at a harley dealer. thats why im gonna be doing this just bolt on a couple horse.:moped:

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
I really don't think the destroyer injectors aren't going to give you anymore HP.The stock 1130/1250 injectors are good for 160HP.IMHO destroyer inj's are a waste of money unless you have a bunch of HP.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
I agree with Vinny. No need to change the injectors. With the TB's, you'll notice more gain with cams. Even more with Heads and Cams. Even more with Heads, Cams, Throttle bodies, and Bore. Even more gains with heads, cams, throttle bodies, bore and stroke.

The question you need to ask yourself is what is the most bang for the buck?

The answer is what bang are you looking for? What do you want in the end? Then work towards building that, one part at a time if needed. That's what I'm doing. :2cents:

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
I agree with Vinny and RJ. Bang for the buck is the key. If anything just do the TB's and skip the injectors. The injectors are not needed at all since there are many BB strokers running stockers with plenty left in them.

What is your expected cost on the TB's you are looking at?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well retail cost on th S.E. TB is $500.00 and the injectors are $300.00.. you guys dont think it is necessary to do the injectors..would it be a problem if i did? i mean i dont think it could really hurt.. all of your input is greatly apreciated

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
I know of people running 1320 motors with the stock throttle bodies and injectors.
Its a old racers secret. Less volume = more velocity, increasing torque.
Waist of money for stock motors. Try cams and heads first. IMHO

·
RICK
648 Posts
The throttle bodies will allow more air in, but you can get them machined a lot cheaper than buying the destroyer TB. The injectors will be a waste of money until you achieve around 160-170HP. They won't hurt anything, but you'll have to custom map it for the injectors. You'll also have to change a little mapping for the throttle bodies, but not as much.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well thanks for all the input guys. ill let you know what i end up doing. and we have a dyno so if i do decide to wate my money we should get it pretty damn good.:broke:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts