Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Riding around
7,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I talked briefly to the tech tonite when I finally picked up the bike again about the oil leak. He said he had called HD and that they "are aware of this as an on-going problem." The guy at HD told him about one customer who had his bike in 4 times, about 2 weeks apart, with the same problem before they fixed it. A service rep from HQ finally went down to the dealership and they put some kind of permanent sealant on it, but they still recommend using the same gasket. Seems like I've read something like this story here or on the VTF. Anyway, the HD guy told him what to do that will supposedly keep it from happening again, so we'll see. Isn't leaking now, but it was too dark when we rode to wind it out tonight.

Max, have you had yours back in again?

· Riding around
7,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, I have 5 or 600 miles on it now and it's still not leaking. Whatever he did, it seems to have worked.

vrodvinny, if they haven't fixed yours yet, maybe you should have them call HD or else the tech at my dealership??? Let me know if you want the number.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.