1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Security or ABS possibly?

·
Premium Member
6,249 Posts
Just took off the granny strap from passenger seat and was wondering what the heck these two electrical plugs are for ??

I dare say for Tuners ?? ...
No, these aren’t for tuners.

The gray one should have a red wire connected to it. This is the P&A battery connector (Parts and Accessory) and the red wire connects to the battery positive post via the MAIN or MAXI fuse.

The red, blue, and gray one looks like the purge solenoid connector. If so, it will have two wires. One would be gray with a yellow stripe and the other would be yellow with a green stripe. If so, the "resistive plug" (72529-01) is missing and you should be throwing the P0444 DTC = purge control open.

If the two wires aren't the colors I mentioned, post what color they are and someone might be able to help.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
No, these aren’t for tuners.

The gray one should have a red wire connected to it. This is the P&A battery connector (Parts and Accessory) and the red wire connects to the battery positive post via the MAIN or MAXI fuse.

The red, blue, and gray one looks like the purge solenoid connector. If so, it will have two wires. One would be gray with a yellow stripe and the other would be yellow with a green stripe. If so, the "resistive plug" (72529-01) is missing and you should be throwing the P0444 DTC = purge control open.

If the two wires aren't the colors I mentioned, post what color they are and someone might be able to help.
what does that p&a one do , can you hook stuff into in for power accessories ?

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
i think the grey one is for the led light on the liscense plate bracket (maybe over there you dont have that?) and the red one could be for something along those lines as well (something usa?) and they use the same harness for all versions. Thats my guess,,,,, did i win? did i did i did i ??????? :D

·
Premium Member
6,249 Posts
i think the grey one is for the led light on the liscense plate bracket (maybe over there you dont have that?) and the red one could be for something along those lines as well (something usa?) and they use the same harness for all versions. Thats my guess,,,,, did i win? did i did i did i ??????? :D
what does that p&a one do , can you hook stuff into in for power accessories ?
Good one......our plates are under rear tail lights......could be......a pic of one of you USA peoples set up would be good......
As I already mentioned, the gray one is what HD calls the P&A "BATTERY" connector [160]. It's a 1 wire Delphi connector with a red wire connected to the battery + terminal through the MAIN fuse. I'm not sure what it's for. It's shown in the EDM (Electrical Diagnostic Manual) in a figure showing the connectors under the seat (see attached figure) with no mention of function. This figure also shows the purge solenoid connector [95] that I mentioned in Post # 3.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,249 Posts
WTF is a purge solenoid ??..wonder why mine isnt connected ???

P & A accesory looks like its not connected either in pic ??
The purge solenoid is used for models sold in California. It works with a carbon canister to remove vapor emissions. On bikes without the solenoid a resistor (72529-01) is used as a "dummy" load. You need to check the wire colors to be sure that it's the purge solenoid connector.

The P&A connector is not supposed to be plugged into anything.

You should probably get a EDM if want to learn about the connectors on your bike.

·
Good Muthafarka
11,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got an electronic copy for a 2008 vrod.....Im not dabbling much more with my bike.......just gunna ride it.......if and when needs work got a good bloke lined up to do it .............

1 - 13 of 13 Posts