Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its about time for me to change my clutch and I wanted to know if anyone knew what material is better the carbon fiber or kevlar.

·
jacket off!
9,720 Posts
FWIW, I just replaced my clutch with stock plates and steels and replaced stock springs with Barnett Heavy Duty springs (100#) along with the AIM clutch plate, and it friggin bites! I think it would be hard to beat this set-up!:2cents:

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
******* said:
FWIW, I just replaced my clutch with stock plates and steels and replaced stock springs with Barnett Heavy Duty springs (100#) along with the AIM clutch plate, and it friggin bites! I think it would be hard to beat this set-up!:2cents:
:them: if you aren't doing a lot of heavy racing on the strip that's the route I've been told. I am getting due to make that change as well.

·
jacket off!
9,720 Posts
thumbsupracing said:
:them: if you aren't doing a lot of heavy racing on the strip that's the route I've been told. I am getting due to make that change as well.
BTW, I am only using one shim with the AIM plate.

·
Formerly BobK
647 Posts
I have the Barnett carbon fiber extra plate with the A.I.M. and middle strength springs 1 or 2 shims don't remember and have had zero slippage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts