1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Harley does not have a list price on the SE heads as they are no longer produced. Go to eBay and you will run into a set for $500 all the time.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK. Thanks for the advice.

As far as physical differences, do the SE heads differ from what comes stock on the 1250 motor, on say a 2008 AW?

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,403 Posts
Go to eBay and you will run into a set for $500 all the time.
Really? I never see them going for less than $800.... :deal: Couldnt beat the deal when Hales was dumping them 2 years ago for $329 a set...
Try buying a big bore kit on Ebay??? $2000 min.. :angeldev: too funny some of them sellers..

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Really? I never see them going for less than $800.... :deal: Couldnt beat the deal when Hales was dumping them 2 years ago for $329 a set...
Try buying a big bore kit on Ebay??? $2000 min.. :angeldev: too funny some of them sellers..
There is a BB kit for 13xx right now.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Or for $985.00 you can have our Port/Polish w 1mm oversize valves and bee hive springs installed into your stock heads. Turn around is 5-7 business days. Our heads will outflow any SE heads.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Must resist, I am in so much trouble now - I just can't stop modding! Good to know, Scott, when I have some money! Joe

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Must resist, I am in so much trouble now - I just can't stop modding! Good to know, Scott, when I have some money! Joe
No problem I have been helping people spending money for a few years. Just paying everyone back from when I joined the forum 4 blishful years ago! :angeldev:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have kit on board right now for 1750 OBO but willing to accept reasonable offer.

Jon.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I have a extra set of heads. I can't read the whole part # on the head. They are suppose to be the cnc ported heads. How can I tell if they are? Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
I have a extra set of heads. I can't read the whole part # on the head. They are suppose to be the cnc ported heads. How can I tell if they are? Thanks, Dave
the cnc heads have completely machined ports, not cast... side note the se cnc heads don`t really flow well.. only slightly better than stock..

·
chris top her
2,779 Posts
not to mention, the stock sandcast heads on 06 and newer bikes have more meat for a real port job... the se heads are marginal at best and are super thin... not good when you are trying to improve them. If it were me, I would send my stock heads to Scott and have him fix them the right way.... way better than any of the MOCO's offerings.

Chris

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Head work is even more effective on turbo motors. A lot of your boost is wasted trying to overcome internal restrictions. Add a higher lift cam & you can raise boost & really raise hell...

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
So your saying that the heads on my 07 1130 are the sand cast heads I thought they started that with the 08 and up 1250s ?

·
chris top her
2,779 Posts
So your saying that the heads on my 07 1130 are the sand cast heads I thought they started that with the 08 and up 1250s ?
No, the sand cast started in 06. I had them on my 06D and not knowing any better, I sold them and installed SE heads when I did my big bore.... That bike is long gone, now, but you live and learn....

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Good to know so I should just slap the stage 2 cams in and be done with it then I was going to do the se cnc. Heads I but if its not going to make a big difference ill save my money

1 - 20 of 27 Posts