Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, fred they said. now that you will be a vrod rider (this thursday) you have to change helmets. what ??? i inquired. oh yes, fred you must wear a full face. why aside that im mature and not very handsome. well, you just do thats all. i mean after all vrod riders are required to wear full face. its like the opposite of a fatboy.i guess its because this is the harley sport bike. anyway, i just happen to have an old full face hanging around. sooo .... at least i wont embarass myself by wearing my 3/4 red metallic one. i will be wearing my black full face for the occassion of picking up my new vivid black vrod thursday (vinnie the v)

·
Registered
246 Posts
They said? Hahahaha. I would tell "them" to sit on a short stick. And to smile while they do it. Wear whatever helmet you want.

·
Wore Out Woodworker
1,620 Posts
Sir Fred wear what ever helmet in hell you want. If I had one with horns on it I would let you borrow it. Jusy so you could see the expression on their face.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh what a nice offer but im affraid the wind resistance would interfere. btw on a slightly mor serious not. during 1st 500 miles what are the rev limits etc
sir fred

·
Registered
523 Posts
Mr Fred,

I agree, you should wear whatever you want, but I also switched to a full face when I got my Night Rod. The first week I was riding with my Shorty Helmet and I couldn't go fast enough. Too much wind. So I switched helmets.

To answer your second question, there are a lot of theories. The only right answer is to break it in like you will ride it. A hard break in is most recommended by people in the know but HD sais keep it under 5000 for the first 500 miles.

I kept the revs under 4000 for the first 100 miles, then under 5000 for the next hundred. After that I would gradually raised the limit every time I went for a ride till I hit the rev limit. So by 500 miles I had hit the limit a few times and 7000-8000 on a regular but not frequent basis. That might sound like tough love but I know many people who tell you to hit the rev limit earlier in the break-in if possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts