Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I am hell bent on getting a VROD VRSC, sickest bike I have ever seen!!! Just need some help choosing the right one.

I am most likely gonna get a used bike and with 7 years to choose from and being fairly new to bikes, I don't see clearly which one is best for me. No surprise, EVERY year has riders that praise their bike and couldn't see themselves riding anything else.

So how do they compare year by year? I see that fuel tank and rear tire size are larger in the more recent years, but is there really one year that stands out more than others???

I don't mind paying a little bit more for a more recent bike if in the long run it will be a better ride and value.

Any feedback and assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Austin

·
MR. DAVIDSON !
162 Posts
My Favorite Year !

Motor vehicle Vehicle Headlamp Automotive lighting Car
Without a doubt - 2004 VRSC "B" model ! -- My first Harley !

·
Registered
394 Posts
I picked an '08 D model because of the 1250 engine, 5 gallon tank and having the mid controls and highway pegs up front. I didn't care about the 240 rear tire; it looks great but adds weight. It has to be a negative for ride/handling.

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
2008 models have the best selection of bikes with 1250s, 5 gallon tanks and ABS.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My personal favorite is the night rod special, gloss black with the orange racing stripes, and pin stripes around the wheels(also awesome wheels). I love the blacked out engine and everything else, then any chrome you do add(if you like chrome) stands out alot. Although if I had one, I'd continue the black theme on everything except the fork tubes. The 07 vrscaw was the slowest because it had the 1130 engine and the bigger tire(37lb heavier), but it did have the 5 gallon tank. Other than that bike, I'd personally like an 07 or newer. I got an 06 just because it was an untouched bike with under 1500 miles for 4 grand. Also, I think craigslist is by far better than ebay or dealership searches to find a bike.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
I picked an '08 D model because of the 1250 engine, 5 gallon tank and having the mid controls and highway pegs up front. I didn't care about the 240 rear tire; it looks great but adds weight. It has to be a negative for ride/handling.
NOPE, not at all. The limitations of the bike's designs prevents the 240 rear from having any noticeable adverse affects on handling or anything else. In regards to weight, EVERY aftermarket 240 tire weighs less than the stock dunlops, close to the weight of the stock 180.

2008 models have the best selection of bikes with 1250s, 5 gallon tanks and ABS.
:them: 1250cc, 5gal tank, ABS brakes are all great plusses. If I had to do it all over again, I would go with an '08 VRSCDX with ABS

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
'06 VRSCR, join the "pegs in the right place" nation! See VRSCR forum...

Enjoy,

John

Attachments

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
believe '06 was the first year for Brembo brakes

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
...and VRSCR mid controls!!!! The ultimate VRSC, VRSC"R" !

Your mileage may vary,

Cheers,

John

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
:dance: Oh yeah and you get these....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
my favorite is any '06 because they're lighter than the wide tire bikes and got the brembos. The only one I like past '06 is the '08D, and that has to have ABS or I would rather have an older one.

i'm not a fan of the big tire bikes, it's an asinine TREND. So, after 2006 the only v-rod I like is the 'D' model. The 1250cc engine has proven to not have much more power so I don't consider it that great of an upgrade where I have to have one.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.