Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
iTrader Technician
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the 08's are out......

My wife really likes the new anniversary colors and has made mention of selling one of the 03's to get a new 08...

Decisions, Decisions...

I know it sounds like a really easy decision, but I had a lot of big plans for that 03... I can still incorporate most of those ideas into the 08, but she has already said that if we do this, I can't change the tins (since she likes the colors so much)...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Is your 03 anodized or a skunk?

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Take one for the team go ahead and sell that 03 to me! HAHA

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
i wouldnt do it..

i would keep mine and get her the new one LOL..

i guess i have just put so much into mine i am gonna ride it til it dies.. LOL

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Stomper is right - break down and get a new one, just to keep the wife happy! You did say you had to trade in ONE of the '03's - so why can't the other one be the mod job? I think once you get used to the bigger tank, tire, better brakes, and all of the other improvements over the last 5 model years, you won't look back! Good luck! Joe

·
iTrader Technician
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Teufel-hunden said:
Is your 03 anodized or a skunk?
The one that I' would get rid of had chrome tins (Def not original becaues they didn't have the anniversary badges on them) on it when I bought it...

·
iTrader Technician
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ohioVROD said:
Take one for the team go ahead and sell that 03 to me! HAHA
I actually already have a friend of mine interested in buying it, but if you are serious, I'll keep you in mind if I decide to sell it and he decides not to buy it.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
If money wasn't an object there is no doubt for me the 08 is the best option to come along. It would have to have ABS for me to make the change but I would given the chance. But it isn't a problem I have to worry about. :)

·
Registered
512 Posts
stomper said:
No brainer - Do What The Wife Says ... :spank: :angeldev:

:chair: :chair: :chair: :chair: :chair: :chair: :chair: :chair: :chai

Just in case you missed it the first time do as the wife says.... its not often you hear your wife wants you to buy a new bike....

·
iTrader Technician
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
CPTJAM said:
Stomper is right - break down and get a new one, just to keep the wife happy! You did say you had to trade in ONE of the '03's - so why can't the other one be the mod job? I think once you get used to the bigger tank, tire, better brakes, and all of the other improvements over the last 5 model years, you won't look back! Good luck! Joe
Here's a picture of the one that I'll be keeping (The first one in line).... Not much more to mod except for wheels and suspension (they are next)........and maybe a turbo.. :D

·
NOT A REAL HD RIDER
779 Posts
If you get a new one...get a custom rear fender to replace the big SHROOM...

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
happy wife happy life

paint your 03 ?

·
Registered
956 Posts
I agree with the "buy her a new one guys". Lesson for a nice life is to remember "If Momma ain't happy, NOBODYS happy" !

·
iTrader Technician
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I called Annapolis HD today and they had a 2008 sitting on the floor, so my wife and I rode up there to look at it. She said that she liked it and wanted us to get it.... So it looks like I'll be ditching one of the 03's for the 08.

My buddy is supposed to take my 03 for a spin next week to see if he really wants it or not. If not, I'll probably just trade it in. I asked them if they could give me a ballpark trade-in value (since we didn't ride the bike up there) and they told me probably between $9300 and $10K. Which is more than I paid for it, so I would def take it.

Hopefully they still have it next week...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts