Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Riding the Rev
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the choice between an 06 burgandy D used with 9200 miles at 12.5K or a new 07 D black at near msrp probably 14.5K. Has there been any change in behavior or handling improvements between the two years?

Thanks

·
Registered
519 Posts
Probably the biggest change is the 5 gallon tank. Also you can put a 240 wheel/tire on without modifications other than narrow belt. They moved the electronics to under the passenger pillion. Many other changes but these are the ones that matter. Performance really did not change unless going 2x as far on a tank is performance...

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
RODent said:
Probably the biggest change is the 5 gallon tank. Also you can put a 240 wheel/tire on without modifications other than narrow belt. They moved the electronics to under the passenger pillion. Many other changes but these are the ones that matter. Performance really did not change unless going 2x as far on a tank is performance...
:them: Get the 06 if the deal is good and take the extra money and do a wide tire and bigger fuel tank. Well, at least the Rick's Tank.

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
Get the one you like the most :)

I like the 07 year with the bigger tank and the wider rear tire.

I also like the idea of having the bike from day 1, though as a general rule I buy anything I can used to get the best deals.

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
Take your Mom with with, see which one she likes the best. Mom always knows best

·
Registered
911 Posts
Take your Mom with with, see which one she likes the best.

...then pick the other one

·
Army spark jockey
3,091 Posts
go new, get the warranty and dont have to worry about what the other guy did

·
Registered
52 Posts
07 has 5 gal tank, but not a wider tire! 180. Go w/new and warrenty and make it your own!!

·
Banned
405 Posts
powergod said:
go new, get the warranty and dont have to worry about what the other guy did

I tend to agree with this. You do not know for sure what the guy has done to the bike and if done correctly. Is the dealer going to stand behind the used bike?

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
PHXDX said:
If you think you can handle the extra attention go with the DX.

If its a DX hell yeah jump on it, but if I read right he said it was just a 07 D.

I myself go with the 07 D warranty bigger tank and more looks. Good luck!

$12,500 for a bike w/ 9200 miles sounds really high anyway.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I just paid $12.5 for an '06 with 2800 miles and at least $2K worth of ugrades so that used price sounds high with those miles. I would go with the new for the fuel tank alone lol.

And you can probably talk them down somewhat lower since that is last years line.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts