Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Have you had the recall part applied to your bike?

• Yes! Called and the dealer had them in stock

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • No! Called dealer and they said sometime in November.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • No! Called dealer and they said "Don't call us, we'll call you."

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • No! Called dealer and they had no idea about the recall.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No! Called the dealer and they said "We don't have it, but you can keep calling until we do!"

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • No! Haven't even called the dealer about it yet!

Votes: 4 21.1%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.k.,
I am not a logistician by choice, but the Army has forced me into being a pretty damn good one.... So if I was going to release an announcement that the gun tubes on all the Army's tanks were bad and that all you needed to do is go to your supporting Mechanics and get a new one... and then not have any new gun tubes available..... I would be sh!t-canned so fast that my head would spin.

I'm wondering if ANYBODY has had the new part installed from the recall on the 2003s?

Mike

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
How about - no letter from the MoCo yet??

·
Registered
172 Posts
I don't have a letter yet either. I hope that means I have a good fuel unit and not that I have been overlooked.

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
Agree, Mike.

We need another option -- my dealer said "we don't have them in yet, but you can keep calling and we'll let you know when it's in."

sheesh

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
It should be less then a 30 minute project with parts. What the moco did is normal for the auto industry. They send out letters to customers before they ever notify the dealers of a recall. It usually takes 30 day's after they get a notice before parts are available. Also you really don't want to be the first one to get this done.I would bet that they are patching the unit and not replacing it, best to the let the mechanic get a few under his belt and good at it before you rush down.:2cents

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I sent my letter in this week with my chromed rear wheel and pulley. I will call the service department tomorrow and see what they know. The wreck department knows (because I told them about it) and hopefully has put me on the list.

They said there is a off chance they can start rebuilding my bike next week. I am not holding my breath!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Another option for those of us that are lazy: Got letter, ain't bothered callin' yet.

Although, the threads related to this have helped me to procrastinate.

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Val said:
Agree, Mike.

We need another option -- my dealer said "we don't have them in yet, but you can keep calling and we'll let you know when it's in."

sheesh
Me too....:rolleyes:

·
Hooligan
416 Posts
How about "Got mine fixed over a month ago, got the letter, went to the dealer, asked if I got the new updated part, the ash-hole service guy says "Did it get fixed?" I say "yes", he says "then you got the new one".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts