Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Boosted
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious as to what tuner the turbo guys are running? My 05 has a race tuner was told that I should upgrade to a PC5 because it is dated. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks, Ed

·
The Hawk
3,892 Posts
Back when I was running a turbo and drag racing every month, I started out with the turbo kit manufacturer's recommended PCIII, then switched over to the Screaming Eagle Race Tuner and ran that for a while then switched over to the VFRI and ran that for a bit then came to my senses and switched back to the SERT. The SERT provides all the tuning you need and then some, preserves the knock sensor function, has no add on box to worry about, and just flat works. The newer versions are even better I hear.

Mike

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
There are new maps & functionality for turbo from Tmax and the #1 seller of turbo kits. I know because my bike goes to their shop for independent dynotune testing sometime in the next couple weeks.

·
all or nothing
1,373 Posts
DTT VRFI :deal:

·
Boosted
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I run a pcv 5 with a 2 bar map sensor for boost custom 3d mapping
se pro tuner map for off boost 170 hp 111tq, boost junkie monkey man ha
This is the set up that was recommended to me. Is it really necessary? Sert with a PC5.

Thnx, Ed

·
down under
31 Posts
Mine was done by a Dynojet technician, one of only two in Australia who really understands how too tune a boosted vrod. It's the safest and smoothest tune they blend the maps together with 3d mapping.

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,946 Posts
Good old SERT.

Runs the greatest it ever has been.

·
Registered
605 Posts
There are new maps & functionality for turbo from Tmax and the #1 seller of turbo kits. I know because my bike goes to their shop for independent dynotune testing sometime in the next couple weeks.
Doug, How well will these new maps work with older T-maxs? I have hesitated to update my firmware as the newer versions seem to have idle problems, particularly when you try to upload your existing map.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Doug, How well will these new maps work with older T-maxs? I have hesitated to update my firmware as the newer versions seem to have idle problems, particularly when you try to upload your existing map.
I also had a problem with the firmware update on my turbo (running lean and unresponsive auto tune) After 2 weeks of trying this and that with tech support. I sent my T-Max back to have the firmware version 4.10 reinstalled and after the firmware rollback it works as it should. I had the same problem with the firmware update (version 4.11) about 2 years ago. And had to do the same thing. I E-mailed Dan F from Zippers on 3-12 that there is a problem and willing to work with the engineers on solving it, and haven't heard a word since.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Bruce, new maps are not released yet. They will go to 3 bar and have spark optimized for rpm/boost. Bugs repaired. Everyone be certain to follow instructions exactly on software / firmware updates. Involves shutting off computer & restart and intialization i after all download update is completed & installed. You should not be reinstalling your old map, it stays put. Only the parameters for adjustment get altered when you do the save it suggests you do.

·
Registered
246 Posts
OZNIGHTROD2012 who tuned your bike? and who are the 2 dynojet technicians in aus? im currently setting mine up to run a PC5 and 2 bar map sensor also..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts